HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
You have the lighting down. Sooo many people use a flash and wonder why their guns look like crap! Diffuse lighting is the answer!

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,531 Posts
thinking about getting one of these. Please post more pics. Like the HK bullets! nice touch.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Nothing wrong with lighting in your picture Lee! Amazing color/clarity - great job, nice touch on the HK ammo box too! =)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Great pic I like the mag that loaded the wrong way

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Looks great!

What you are talking about is diffused lighting. You need a flash that you can point upwards and use a white ceiling or flash umbrella. Then you can use photoshop to alter the curve balance on the whites if you are using a white backdrop. Member programatore tipped me on that trick. Unfortunately, I don't have the right camera or lighting to really make good use of it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Rule #1 in lighting; You can never have too much lighting.

I've been messing with lighing for 4 or 5 months now in a basement studio and it's not easy or cheap to get the best results. A light tent works great for smaller stuff up to pistols. Rifles and gear need a whole other level.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great!

What you are talking about is diffused lighting. You need a flash that you can point upwards and use a white ceiling or flash umbrella. Then you can use photoshop to alter the curve balance on the whites if you are using a white backdrop. Member programatore tipped me on that trick. Unfortunately, I don't have the right camera or lighting to really make good use of it.
I definitely need to learn how to use photoshop. This is straight from the camera. Im sure some good post processing would clean it up a bit. Im still trying to figure out the whole photography thing, so photoshop training is on the back burner.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Picture came out great!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I definitely need to learn how to use photoshop. This is straight from the camera. Im sure some good post processing would clean it up a bit. Im still trying to figure out the whole photography thing, so photoshop training is on the back burner.
Yep, take great photos first. It's hard/impossible to save a poorly taken photo even with master photoshop skills.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Start with GIMP it's a free editor that is just as powerful. it's harder to use and isn't as intuitive but when you do make the transition to affording or pirating the Photoshop software it'll be like going from a dull knife to a toledo salamanca. :0)P

The picture as it is though looks great! Although, I'm one of the few people that wish the "backwards round" think would just die off into obscurity. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice Photo! Photography is all about light! You're getting there man!

Ubetit is right, it takes time and money to get there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts