HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local range (Greater Cleveland, Ohio) had their annual special sale and factory Rep day. The HK Rep did not bring the P30 or any other new weapons to the show. The FN rep brought an additional PS90 and added it to the "Drawing" at the range.

The reason stated by HK was that the P30 was not ready yet!

So the story goes........on and on and on and.......................................

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the update, but how can the P30 "not be ready yet" if it's already being sold in Europe? Are there any significant design differences between the US and European versions of the pistol?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I hope I'm wrong but with the dollar so weak against the Euro, I'm wondering if HK is in the process of deciding if its worth continuing sales in the US

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I hope I'm wrong but with the dollar so weak against the Euro, I'm wondering if HK is in the process of deciding if its worth continuing sales in the US
All the value of the dollar is going to do is change the price the US would pay. Judging from the sucess of the USP (I think the P2000 as well), HK is probably doing their very best to get the P30's to the US market. They might already be here for all know, I am stationed in California.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Im betting "Not Ready Yet" means they have not arrived at HK-USA yet.

They rep probably tried, but wasn't able to get a sample to take to the range, and didn't want to look "incompetant" to the customers or something... so just make up a story, and make it look like its not his fault.

I could be way off base here, But im betting HK is going to VERY closely gaurd any possible P30's untill they are released to dealers.

I doubt very much, with all the hype, that HK would all of a sudden pull the plug... With so many lost contracts, i think there is a big effort to get a big sale out of P30's and HK45's.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The US is still the largest market that HK has. The pistol will hit the market here, it's a matter of when. My current crop of HK pistols keep me busy. I can wait it out to get a P30. The HK45 is off the radar for me.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I bought some of the CDNN mags for the P30 in case they bring them in sometime soon but I am not going to wait. I might be able to buy one, and may not depending on how long they wait to start selling them here. But I am not going to wait another year for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That was pretty cool of FN to do that. I dont care about the P30 right now cause I dont have the flippin money if they did hit the shelves. Maybe Ill go cheap and get an FN9.:860:

·
Registered
19 Posts
guys HK does not use factory Reps except at HK/Merkel HQ. All non Al. reps that are not factory they are Dumb asses IMO. They will rep Hk and some fishing lure company or hunting clothing company. Its weird that people on the net know nothing of this market.

And with a G17 costing Glock $90 to make and Import the Dollar would have to go into a huge huge dive for it "not to be worth it". Guys this is a poly frame Modgular pistol design made by a company that has over 50 mills and lathes. If anything HK would like to sell more to us to keep those machines running( but at the same time not flooding the market so they can keep demand up), they don't get many G3 sales nowadays. Also HK WILL I repeat WILL (from top corp info I have) be making the HK45 and others here in the US with the help of Ruger just as SIG has for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just happened to be checking HKPerfection and they show the P30 being in stock!

I haven't called them yet to confirm if they physically have them or not, but hopefully this is a good sign seeing as how a week ago they were listed as out of stock.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just happened to be checking HKPerfection and they show the P30 being in stock!

I haven't called them yet to confirm if they physically have them or not, but hopefully this is a good sign seeing as how a week ago they were listed as out of stock.
Sadly, they also list the HK45C as being in stock, so I wouldnt be pitting a lot of stock in what they have listed on their web site. I lobe HK and would love to add another to my collection, if you can call it that, but they are beginning to piss me off with these incessant delays. As for using Ruger to help with US manufacture that is adding insult to injury.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I shot my buddys PS90 today. Its nice, but just not my cup of tea. It factory sight is VERY tricky! If your not looking right down the optic, the crosshairs vanish!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, did not make it to the range that day, but got my info from an employee that was there for the whole day. I would have been nice to try all of the new blasters, however.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts