HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, been reading a lot lately and could not find a comparision of these 2 fine pistols. Going to buy one tomorrow, mainly for CCW, and would like to know which would be best.

Had 2 P7M8's, consec. serial #'s years ago and sold them, (kicking myslef ever since, it's still painful) so, I am somewhat familiar what them.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I would say to go look at both of them and see for yourself. Myself, I love the P30 and know a hardcore P7 guy that loves his also. In fact he says that his P7s don't see any use since getting his P30 and I think he is coming up on 1,000 rounds through it so it isn't that it is necessarily new to him either. Go hold a P30 for yourself you will see how great it feels then keep in mind it shoots even better.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Both the P30 and the P7M8 are incredible weapons. I do not own a P30, as of yet but, I will someday.

The P7M8 is a completely different weapon than the P30. The old squeeze cock-er is a fine as HK could make when it came out!! It still is a wonderful weapon.

The P30, from what I have heard and read, is HK's newest techoligny. The people, who like Safeguard, love their P30's, I think you would have to offer him two P30's just to get him to trade you the one he has. lol

My recommendation is to get both weapons as $$ allow. You won't be unhappy if you do.

Welcome to the finest HK forum around. You need to consider a Premium Membership. It's worth the $$ for the first hand info alone. Plus it helps pay to run this site.

Happy & Safe Shooting!!:D TJ

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The P30 and P7M8 are my two favorite firearms and IMO the finest 9mm handguns available. It would be extremely hard to decide between the two. I think I am the guy that sfguard is talking about ;). Since I got my P30 the P7's have sat in the safe as the gun is just that good. If budget allows get the P7M8 first as it is going out of production and prices have been pretty resonable recently. Plus you miss the ones you sold. Whatever you decide you are going to get one of the finest handguns available.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If budget allows get the P7M8 first as it is going out of production and prices have been pretty resonable recently. Plus you miss the ones you sold. Whatever you decide you are going to get one of the finest handguns available.
I agree with marks assessment. Go with the P7. You can always get a p30 down the road.
My thoughts as well. The P7s are out of production and slowly becoming harder to find.
+4

The P30 will be around for a while.

The P7 might not.

·
Banned
61 Posts
I have not owned a P30 but I have read that the P7's were prone to heat when firing several rounds. I love my P7 and will have to look at a P30 next

·
Registered
422 Posts
When I have shot the P7 in the past the things I can not get past are first of all, the low magazine count, eight rounds goes way to fast for a 9mm pistol. It takes some of the fuin out of the experience. The heat, for me the heat starts only after a couple of magazines and gets worse from there on out.
And lastly, the cocker thing is not working for me. Grab the handle and squeeze the lever till it clicks in place and than pull the trigger? Seems way to goofy for me and unconventional. The auto cocker pushes me over the top.

The good things are a great well balanced pistol with great accuracy. I feel I can get the same accuracy with my Sig P226 in 357 Sig.

·
Registered
28 Posts
P7

IMHO, the P7 is the first true innovation in pistol design since John M Browning designed the Hi Power. It is without a doubt the fastest, most accurate combat 9 on the planet. That said, I think the P30 is the most exciting thing HK has come out with since in a handgun. But like the previous knowledgable gents said, I would get a P7 first. They will only go up in price, so you can't get hurt on the deal, even if you don't like it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am not a pistol guy (I like HK long guns) and I think SIG and Glock make fine weapons. That said, the P7 will be one of the last to go out of everything I have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Get the P7...

I am not a pistol guy (I like HK long guns) and I think SIG and Glock make fine weapons. That said, the P7 will be one of the last to go out of everything I have.
I'd get the P7, like others said here, you can always get the 30 later. Be warned, the P7's are addictive, once you shoot it, almost everything pales in comparison. Hell, the damn things have their own cult. Maybe I'll have to get the 30 to help me overcome my P7 addiction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts