HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer?
I like the trigger on my VP9T. It is very nice!!!
Call me crazy but I like the feel of the P30 better.
I think if I have a P30 with a shorter trigger reset I might not have a vp.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
A P30 trigger with a stop screw will improve your P30 trigger reset, as seen on the lower right of the below pic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't have a P30 yet, but I do have a P2000sk light LEM and a VP9. Shot them both yesterday and I was actually slightly more accurate with the P2000sk. Granted, it has Trijicon HDs and the VP9 has the stock Mepros from the LE package, but what I think made the difference was that the LEM trigger slowed me down just enough to better follow up. I can shoot my VP9 faster than the P2000sk, but I am faster AND more accurate with my Walther PPQ wearing Truglo TFX Pros.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I prefer my P30L over the VP9. Better feel, better recoil control, and with a P30S slide stop, don't have issues with the slide locking back, like I with my VP9.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a P30L V1 and a VP9 and so far can't say that I prefer one over the other. Both have very good, although very different triggers. I seem to be equally accurate with the pistols despite the different triggers and I like the ergonomics of both. Maybe over time I'll develop a preference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Depends on your purpose. i have both. Love them both. Like the DA/SA for carry, but I'm much more accurate and consistent with the VP. May be due to the longer barrel (I have a P30s) and lighter trigger, dunno. But the VP is a a lot of pistol to conceal. GREAT range gun, though - best I have.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
66 Posts
Takes a little more time to learn the P30 trigger, I shot the VP great the first time out. But I would never get rid of my P30 L.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My P30 made a trip to Grayguns for the trigger and action package. The reset and take up is much shorter/smoother now. Problem is that it spoiled me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love my P30, and have almost no interest in owning a VP. That said I prefer DA/SA for guns I carry. I have friends with VP's.

I like the look of that trigger with the screw, I'll have to look into that. My Sig's all have 'nicer' triggers than my P30, which is factory, but there's something I love about the pistol itself it's balance, and the way I shoot with it. It is my favorite, and what I carry 9/10x I leave the house.

The big up to buying both is they take the same mags.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
What do you shoot the best?

You're comparing Hammer Fired vs Striker Fired.
Two different trigger groups.
This is complicated by the P30 being available in SA/DA or LEM.
In the final analysis - they are all serviceable.
What trigger you prefer is totally personal preference.
What do you shoot best?
Get it?

For me? I love the VP9 and shoot it well.
But the P30 V1 with Match HS/NPFS?
Is a total Bullseye Machine :cool:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
P30 all day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts