HKPRO Forums banner

861 - 880 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts

I picked this up a few days ago. Brand new, German production, LE version (factory night sights and 3 mags)... All for for less than what i'm seeing the new US made non-LE version selling for. I practically stole it! Now my HK45CT won't get lonely! :biggrin:
I know the place of manufacturing doesn't matter but man I would have loved to get my hands on a german HK45CT :(.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know the place of manufacturing doesn't matter but man I would have loved to get my hands on a german HK45CT :(.
I know what you mean. My full size HK45 is US made (and it's a helluva nice shooter...one of my favorites in fact), but i'd still like to have a German made example. Luckily, they seem to pop up in the marketplace fairly often.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I know what you mean. My full size HK45 is US made (and it's a helluva nice shooter...one of my favorites in fact), but i'd still like to have a German made example. Luckily, they seem to pop up in the marketplace fairly often.
I sold my US OD Green HK45T for a German HK45 (got a german threaded barrel lightly used), just because I had to have it with german proof marks, sounds stupid but Im happy I did it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I sold my US OD Green HK45T for a German HK45 (got a german threaded barrel lightly used), just because I had to have it with german proof marks, sounds stupid but Im happy I did it.
Nah, not stupid at all. You like what you like. And I do like the German proof marks. I really miss the Federal Eagle and am not a fan of the rather bland CIP marking.

That said, there's plenty of room in my collection for US made HKs. In fact, i'm not sure what's actually made in the US on my "US" HK45. The barrel and slide have both German and US serial numbers on them, with the US s/n in the usual spots, and the German numbers of the barrel and slide on the hidden side of the hood and under the rear sight respectively. I'd be very surprised if all the small parts aren't imported from Germany. That leaves the frame. So mostly German parts assembled in the US. And it shoots like an HK should. But eventually, i will procure an all-German HK45 full size.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First ever H&K, P30SK. Haven’t decided if I’m going to use it for my backup yet.

Bought the We The People IWB holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
New (to me) HK45. Has an AI date code but an AH code in the frame which is probably normal but I found interesting. The previous owner must have barely shot it as there is practically no wear. I converted it to LEM myself as I like having the variety and I play to carry this more than my USP. Also pictured just for fun is my USP45. Can't wait to shoot them both later this week!

Attachments

·
Banned
34,577 Posts
New (to me) HK45. Has an AI date code but an AH code in the frame which is probably normal but I found interesting. The previous owner must have barely shot it as there is practically no wear. I converted it to LEM myself as I like having the variety and I play to carry this more than my USP. Also pictured just for fun is my USP45. Can't wait to shoot them both later this week!
Nice pair!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally have a use for the P30L factory threaded barrel I picked up a long time ago! Now I need to send it off to APO, and get an RMR mounted.

·
Registered
722 Posts
^^^Great Photo^^^

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I promoted this to my main carry handgun.
P30L LE (Meprolight sights), Light LEM w/ Gray Guns short reset plate, Surefire X300U-A.

I want to do an Aimpoint ACRO on it, but I'm scared to have it milled lol.

20200214_073743.jpg

861 - 880 of 911 Posts