HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new P30 to the range today. I cleaned her before I shot. I was using Blazer Brass. 115 FMJ. 150 rounds. I had allot of FTE. Plus the slide not opening after the last round. I put thru 250 rounds of BB thru my 92F before I got my P30. The 92F had no problems. I shot 34 rounds oh WWB 115 FMJ. Same thing. I had 10 rounds of 124 Eagle FMJ. Same problems. I had two HP 115 guessing WWB HP. I put 1 round in each mag. After firing. The slide did not go back. This being the first Auto pistol I own that has done this. When I got home I called H&K. I spoke with Link about this. He asked when I was going to the Range again. He said shoot some more. IF it still does the same thing. I should call him back. HK wants to look at my P30. Anyone else have this happen with their new P39. This happens with both mags. Also with 2 or 3 rounds left FTE.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
That sucks I haven't had any problems with mine I have nothing but love for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had one FTE, and it was due to grease that was still on the pistol. Have you thoroughly cleaned around the extractor? Since I cleaned mine it has been perfect and very accurate.

What a great pistol.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Also alot of P30 owners have noticed that due to the re-designed slide release levers extending further back that they have been resting or hitting it with thier thumbs. I have been guilty of this with the one P30 that I have shot.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link at HK mentioned that. I don't beleave that I did that. She is real sweet to shoot. My best Auto yet. Yes I wiped it clean.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may go to the Range to-morrow. I'll re-wipe her down again. I should not have to take the Mags apart to clean them I had to do that on my ole 92F with my two old Mags. That cured the FTE. But the two new ones I bought from CDNN never did that.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sucks I haven't had any problems with mine I have nothing but love for it.
Have you tried Weapon Shield? I got I Free sample Monday. I cleaned the bore with Hoppes #9. Than I ran some Weapon Shield thru the barrel. I got some more crap out with the Weapon Shield. Plus I found some rust on the slide after using Weapon Shield. Great stuff for cleaning and lube. One of the guys here recommend it. So I gave it a try. Plus smell better than Hoppes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have similar problems with my P30. It is very sensitive to ammo. Lots of FTF and FTE with Rem green box, failures to lock back with CCI Blazer, FTF/not locking back with WWB, spent cartridges back to my face. Fiocci initially did not give me probs, but then gun failed to lock back several times. I clean the gun all the time and and do not touch the slide levers when shoot, no limpwristing. The gun is just plain unreliable. Very accurate though. I am thinking of sending it back to HK to look at it.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have similar problems with my P30. It is very sensitive to ammo. Lots of FTF and FTE with Rem green box, failures to lock back with CCI Blazer, FTF/not locking back with WWB, spent cartridges back to my face. Fiocci initially did not give me probs, but then gun failed to lock back several times. I clean the gun all the time and and do not touch the slide levers when shoot, no limpwristing. The gun is just plain unreliable. Very accurate though. I am thinking of sending it back to HK to look at it.
When you call HK. Dial EXT 224. That's for Link. The guy I spoke with today. I have not had FTF. I told him which Ammo I was using. My 92F eats the CCI Blazer with no problems. Strange the P30 had problems. With the first round I shot. It is one heck of a toy thou.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I shot about 150 rounds of Blazer Brass and had no problems with my new P30. However the casings did not eject very far from the gun and often the shells would hit on the brim of my cap. I then shot some Fiocchi and the casings zipped right out to the side about 5 or 6 feet. Then I shot some Federal AE and it functioned normally. Then I went back to the Blazer and it functioned normally. I don't know why but that's how it went for me. Never a failure of any kind. My P2000 has never failed me either. But then again, none of my HKs ever failed to function.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thats would really be frustrating. I shot all of the ammo u mentioned except CCI. I had no hicups or any problems what so ever. I have 230 rds thru it. Let us know what the results are

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thats would really be frustrating. I shot all of the ammo u mentioned except CCI. I had no hicups or any problems what so ever. I have 230 rds thru it. Let us know what the results are

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One thing I noticed with the Blazer in the P30. Is the Flame at the end of the barrel. Plus it had a loader bark than the others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, I'm new to this whole thing, but I'm guessing FTE means failure to eject??? If so, I had the same problem the first time I shot my P30. I went to the guy at the shooting range and he took the gun and shot two mags and had no problems. He actually loved the gun and said it was very accurate, just that it was operator error. The next time I went shooting, I was all good, and I haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have never had a problem with any ammo I have run through my P30. I have run the cheap blazer (aluminium casing - didn't realize it when I bought them), HSM, Speer Lawmam, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester White Box, and Winchester SXT +P+.

The only problem I have ever had while shooting the P30 was a couple rounds that got stuck in the barrel. But this was due to a bad case of ammo that I am exchanging this weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Failure for the slide to lock back on the last round in HKs is usually bad mag springs, or thumb touching the slide release.

I've been told ejected cases hitting you in the head or weakly ejecting when shooting glocks is a sign of limp wristing.

I've seen a few of these types of threads about the P30 not ejecting or feeding properly on various boards. The theme is similar.. weakly ejecting.. hitting the forehead.. failure to feed with the bullet only partially in the chamber.

So clean the chamber good with a brush/boresnake, check the extractor - make sure it is clean. Then try it again with different ammo. Make sure you lock your wrists good. If you still have problems let someone else shoot it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
No issues at all with mine.

When I bought it, I walked right onto the shop's range and fired 100 rounds through it without cleaning at all.

Took it home and cleaned it... clean it after every range session. 500+ rounds and not one issue yet. Same for my HK45.

·
Registered
84 Posts
P30 range report

I just picked up a p30 last weekend and made it to the range tuesday. First we just got 15 inches of snow the night before and it was 16 degrees out. I put 50 rounds of american eagle 115 gr fmj throught the p30 without any problems. I wanted to do some more shooting but it was pretty chilly out. I think the reset on my uspc 357 sig is shorter then on my p30. All and all the gun was very accurate and handled nice. I really do like the new design.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts