HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a used P30 v3 with a unknown round count and am wondering how often should you
change the recoil spring?

·
Registered
794 Posts
The last time I spoke with HK factory personnel they advised that if the P30 is a LE duty pistol or carried for self defense with concern for ultimate performance/longevity, change the recoil spring every 10,000 rounds. For general range shooting they recommend changing the recoil spring on a P30 between 15,000 and 20,000 rounds and you can even go to the upper limit of 25,000 rounds with standard pressure ammo only. Bill

·
Registered
270 Posts
Will you start to notice a performance change around then? I've never fired any of my guns to the point of changing springs and I haven't kept track of how many rounds I've put through them.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
The Sarge knows, I wouldn't worry about it. Put a few more thousand rounds through it. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
This continues to blow me away. Coming from the 1911 these are unheard of tallies on recoil spring replacement. I remain amazed any spring can last that long.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just wondering. During Todd G's marathon event with the P30 did he change the recoil spring? In fact were any parts changed? Last time I saw it the thread was 45 pages. I'm pretty sure I read it all and don't remember seeing a recoil spring change and I was looking for one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts