HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing the firing block spring in my P30 v3 with the newer version, I headed to the range. I wanted to see for myself, if the changes were in fact noticeable and worth the effort. Gone was that heaviness that seems to increase towards end of the trigger pull. The other plus, is the improved feel of the trigger as it reaches the break point. While I didn't weigh the trigger pull, others have documented the changes, plus I don't have any way of measuring it.

The order I place from HKParts will be here monday, so I can then replace the trigger return spring. I look forward in seeing just how much further improvement can be gained for less then $20. Theres no gunsmith, no need to send your gun away for weeks. Best of all, there is nothing that can be undone in just a few minutes. And your gun is returned to factory specs. Which makes it easier to sell down the road, I think buyers are hesitant when a gun has had a gunsmith preform work on it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
What trigger rebound spring are you replacing with, this light one?
The light FPBS should reduce your trigger pull by 1.5 lbs.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Even on a v3? I though the v3 had those light springs? Hk parts does have the light hammer spring though. im pretty sure some of the hk team run a v3 with the light hammer spring

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed the good folks at HK, asking which spring it would have according to their mfg specks. They replied it would be the heavy FB spring. Looking up the springs on HK Parts, this is the description:

New Style Firing Pin Block Compression Spring (FPBS).
Commonly used in conjuction with the light trigger return spring (shown below) for a light trigger pull conversion. One of the most popular conversion parts for an improved trigger pull. Heckler & Koch Compression Spring for P2000, all USP, all USP Compact, P30, HK45 and HK45 Compact models. This spring is one of the springs used to convert P2000, P2000SK and P30 to Light LEM, & others.

It is a noticeable change, well worth the cost. The best thing, is if its not to your liking, its an easy change back to the original trigger pull.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yea but isnt the single action in v3 the same trigger pull weight as a light lem? I know the TRS is the light one because if not theres no way the sa would be 4ish pounds.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
@majohnson- I did replace the FPBS with the light one a few months ago and, too, noticed the lighter pull.
Here's the thread about replacing the FPBS to lower the trigger pull by 1.5 lbs.

However, the TRS in your P30 V3 is already the light spring, so I don't know which TRS will help lighten the pull further.

According to the P-series manual, the V3 TRS is part 234389 (see pic below). A quick reference on HKParts.net confirms that it is indeed the light TRS. So which TRS are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yea but isnt the single action in v3 the same trigger pull weight as a light lem? I know the TRS is the light one because if not theres no way the sa would be 4ish pounds.
Yes, the TRS is the light one already. I've posted my reply right after you did.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Return Spring

@majohnson- I did replace the FPBS with the light one a few months ago and, too, noticed the lighter pull.
Here's the thread about replacing the FPBS to lower the trigger pull by 1.5 lbs.

However, the TRS in your P30 V3 is already the light spring, so I don't know which TRS will help lighten the pull further.

According to the P-series manual, the V3 TRS is part 234389 (see pic below). A quick reference on HKParts.net confirms that it is indeed the light TRS. So which TRS are you replacing it with?

This is the TRS that I have on order. TooSixy I'm not sure about whats correct of the LEMs. There is another post that totals some 41 pages. I went through each and every post and that a what I came up with. There seem to be several TRS versions, one they even refer to it as a Elbow spring. I'll plug the springs in tomorrow and shoot it on Tuesday. If anyone wants, I'll follow up w a post on this thread as to the overall out come.

HK Light Trigger Return (rebound) Spring.
Also known as the light trigger LEM spring for the LEM conversions or LEM pistols. This is the spring that is needed to get a light trigger pull in the models below. This spring has a better reset and tensile strength than a standard TRP. This is probably one of the best upgrades for the money you can do to your HK Pistol. Fits & works in the following HK pistols:

HK USP & USP Compact models
HK Tactical, Elite & Expert
HK P2000
HKP200SK
HK 45C
HK45
P30 (not factory correct but will work for custom trigger jobs)

SKU: HKPP2032
Brand: Heckler & Koch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts