HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the P30 and probably those who have taken them apart...

I have ordered the P30S this week and waiting. Curious as I found these two parts on the HKparts one is the extractor..

thats acts as extractor and loaded indicator

then I also see...

which is named loaded chamber indicator

I can't seem find anything about that 2nd one which kinda looks like an extractor as well. Does the P30 also have this? Or is this a wrong label? Looks like an extractor for the bigger guns.

thanks again...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brownie... Now this rules out wrong label.

To those who may know what this is...your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Is this a replacement upgrade to the factory installed standard extractor? Looks like a bigger one too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know what that second part shown is, but it is NOT an extractor for the P30. The pivot hole is not only in the wrong place, but it is the wrong diameter. There's no way it will install in the extractor location. Forgetting the two issues I mentioned, two parts so different in shape cannot fit in the same location.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok. I did a little research and, apparently, some P30 pistols exist that are fitted with an "advanced loaded chamber indicator" that protrudes from the left side of the frame on those pistols so equipped. That's the part in your second photo. I don't know any more about it than that, but I reckon I can live without a second, bigger larger loaded chamber indicator.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks XTrooper .... Im reading all the manuals and info on-line but cant seem to find anything talking about it and where it will be installed on the left side. Would appreciate if you can send me the link to it? I dont really need an extra or bigger loaded indicator, just curious on how it works as it seems to be an extractor as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks XTrooper .... Im reading all the manuals and info on-line but cant seem to find anything talking about it and where it will be installed on the left side. Would appreciate if you can send me the link to it? I dont really need an extra or bigger loaded indicator, just curious on how it works as it seems to be an extractor as well.
Look here-----> http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-rookie-corner/72747-loaded-chamber-indicator-new-p30-hk45.html

Unfortunately, the link that apparently showed a P30 with this extra indicator fitted is now broken. It indicates in the thread that it was installed on the left side of the slide, so it is definitely not an extractor.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thanks Brownie... Now this rules out wrong label.

To those who may know what this is...your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Is this a replacement upgrade to the factory installed standard extractor? Looks like a bigger one too.

Here's a screen shot because it still seems to be unclear.

11.1, 11.2 and 11.3 (as an assembly) are installed rather than and take the place of 11 which is the standard extractor. This is presumably designed so that 11.1 (loaded chamber indicator) is allowed to travel out farther giving the shooter a more pronounced visual and tactile indicator of a loaded chamber. The only way that this could be on the left side of the pistol is if the shooter is holding the pistol upside down. Have I ever or do I know anyone that has ever seen one? No. But considering it's in the manual I would have to assume that they exist somewhere.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got it:) Thanks for the explanation. Must have been a modification for areas that law requires highly visible loaded indicator.
Anyone who has one in their P30, would appreciate some photos:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got confirmation from Adam of HKparts. Quote " #11, part# 218314 on the diagram is standard. The other 3 piece indicator was a special German Army requirement for a more visual indicator and more able to feel if it was loaded "

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
got confirmation from Adam of HKparts. Quote " #11, part# 218314 on the diagram is standard. The other 3 piece indicator was a special German Army requirement for a more visual indicator and more able to feel if it was loaded "

Thanks again for the help.
Thanks for tracking down that info. Irrelevant, but interesting nonetheless! :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts