HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought an HK p30 and of coarse the gunshop has a no return policy the thing that bothers the hell out of me is the fact that the slide pin that is the takedown pin does not remain captive it comes all the way out I am not sure if you guys are familiar with what I am talking about so if pictures would help no problem I can post

Should I trade the gun off and cut my loss or is it not a big deal

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I don't have a P30 (yet), but on some HKs, like my 45C, the takedown pin comes out by-design when field stripping. P30s been around long time and are stupid reliable and durable (as all HKs are), check your Owner's Manual to verify by design, I can't get to HK USA website right now, but I bet that's what you'll find.

Enjoy

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Are you talking about the left side slide stop coming completely out? Its supposed to, the right side slide stop remains captive.

*How to field- strip (disassemble) HK P30 pistol:

1) remove the magazine by pressing the magazine release button; 2) check that the chamber is empty; 3) partially retract the slide, so the slide release lever axle is aligned with the disassembly notch on the slide; 4) press on the slide release axis pin from the right side of the frame, then pull the left slide release lever completely from the left side; note that the right slide release lever will stay in place; 5) carefully ease the slide forward, then pull it toward the front out of the frame; 6) remove the return spring assembly from below the barrel; 7) pull the barrel out of the slide; 8) to remove the right side slide release lever, rotate it upward for about 45 degrees, then pull out of the frame.
Reassemble in reverse order.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
OP, I would like to see a photo to better understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Are you talking about the left side slide stop coming completely out? Its supposed to, the right side slide stop remains captive.

*How to field- strip (disassemble) HK P30 pistol:

1) remove the magazine by pressing the magazine release button; 2) check that the chamber is empty; 3) partially retract the slide, so the slide release lever axle is aligned with the disassembly notch on the slide; 4) press on the slide release axis pin from the right side of the frame, then pull the left slide release lever completely from the left side; note that the right slide release lever will stay in place; 5) carefully ease the slide forward, then pull it toward the front out of the frame; 6) remove the return spring assembly from below the barrel; 7) pull the barrel out of the slide; 8) to remove the right side slide release lever, rotate it upward for about 45 degrees, then pull out of the frame.
Reassemble in reverse order.
Hmmm...

Here's what my P30 manual says about field stripping the pistol. It indicates that the slide release lever is pushed partially out but remains captive in the slide. This is exactly what happens with my P30. The slide release lever is prevented from coming all the way out by a leg of the trigger return spring.
1. Clear the P30 and carry out a safety check.
2. With the magazine removed, pull the slide (A) all the way back and hold it there (see
Figure 27).
3. Push the slide release (B) upwards to lock slide back.
Figure 27 — Pull the slide back and lock it
Figure 28— Removing slide from frame by pushing it forward
4. Hold the pistol so that your thumb covers the rear of the frame and your fingers rest on the top of the frame.
5. Pull slide back and move it to the front as far as the disassembly position (Figure 28).
6. Using your free hand, press the slide release axle in from right to left (Figure 28).
7. Pull slide release to the left until it reaches the locking position, pull slide forward off the
pistol’s frame (Figure 29).
8. Turn the slide upside down and carefully push the recoil spring forward and out to either
the left or right hand side, separating the recoil spring from the barrel and slide (see Figure 30).

·
Registered
84 Posts
The left side slide stop on my P30SK, P30, and P30L are all captive. As Kost posted, you just push from the right side, then pull the left side, but only until you get a "click" and you can see the orange paint on the top of the slide release lever, then you release the slide and it comes right off. Right side remains captive as well.

Thought the P30's were all like this? Maybe I'm wrong? This is how I've been field stripping mine since I've owned them

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ok I bought an HK p30 and of coarse the gunshop has a no return policy the thing that bothers the hell out of me is the fact that the slide pin that is the takedown pin does not remain captive it comes all the way out I am not sure if you guys are familiar with what I am talking about so if pictures would help no problem I can post

Should I trade the gun off and cut my loss or is it not a big deal
Is this what you're talking about? Used gun?
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/275394-slide-lock-lever-no-longer-captive-my-p30.html

·
Registered
446 Posts
This is a P30, not a USP. The slide stop is supposed to come out ~1/4" then stop.

OP, this is not a critical issue, or even a big deal -- *not* something to return the gun over. In fact, some view a removable slide stop to be better than the captured one.

If you remove the slide, on the forward right side of the trigger recess you should see a leg of the trigger return spring (TRS) laying against a recess in the back side of the cross-pin of the slide stop. The end of the leg is supposed to stop withdrawal of the slide stop when the right side end of the recess reach the leg. If the leg is bent or is not in the cross-pin recess, the slide stop can be removed. Take a look and let us know what you see (or better yet, post a pic). If it's a bent spring, HK Customer Service should take care of you.

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
It's an easy fix. Well, almost, if you have the TRS Tools. But post pic of the frame where the TRS is located and we can, hopefully, tell you why this is happening.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
My P30L was captive...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Was this new or used pistol? Did you get the case with it? Look under the foam for the owners manual. There's a wealth of information in the manual. I know, we're big virile men who don't need no stinkin' manual but I'm glad I found mine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There are quite a few people that fell into the "I know what I'm doing zone". Convinced that something was wrong with gun. Pulled on the take down lever until they broke it. Not knowing it's not supposed to come out. Let HK CS take care of you. That's a very nice gun. A friend of mine broke his. I still remind him of it from time to time:610:
LOL!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
sometimes being eager gets the best of us.. or sometimes a person can get use to 1-2 styles of pistols... When I got my first HK.. I read the manual first.. not to say this was the OPs problem but Mr. Murphy can make a surprise visit sometimes..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was this new or used pistol? Did you get the case with it? Look under the foam for the owners manual. There's a wealth of information in the manual. I know, we're big virile men who don't need no stinkin' manual but I'm glad I found mine.
Yes I am reading the manual :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts