HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I went shooting last weekend with my friend, who just bought a brand new P30. I have no issues about the gun, grip, trigger, or accuracy; but there was one thing that really got me. The gun kept shooting shell casings into my face, and out of one clip, four went down the front of my shirt. We were shooting cheap Walmart ammo, the white box 100rd target rounds. 115 grain.

Will the gun not eject casings into my shirt if we switched to different ammo. Plus I'm planning to get a P2000SK, does it eject shell casings the same way as the P30?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Mine throws the brass WAY over my right shoulder. I don't know why yours would be doing that and I use cheap Wally World ammo too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ammo is always the first thing to check. Swap types and see if it keeps happening. Definitely doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was not limp wristing it. I shot it the same way I did with my SIG P226R. I had two other friends who shot it as well, and they also had shell casings go into their face.

Do you guys think it was cause of the cheap Walmart ammo? It was Winchester.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
As other have said, just try another ammo. WWB is less expensive in price, the quality isnt cheap tho, Winchester uses new casings and bullets, the powder is a little slower burning so it leaves more cleanup behind - overall quality of that round is just as good as any other as far as materials is concerned.

The least expensive at Walmart is CCI Blazer Brass, they use a quicker burning powder so its pretty clean ammo, and pretty accurate - lower in price than WWB.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I need to let you shot my Kimber Pro CDP. It leaves brass marks on my forehead sometimes. :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
+1 for CCI blazer, shot about 3000 rounds of it and haven't had one malfunction, cleaning was very easy too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys,

I went shooting last weekend with my friend, who just bought a brand new P30. I have no issues about the gun, grip, trigger, or accuracy; but there was one thing that really got me. The gun kept shooting shell casings into my face, and out of one clip, four went down the front of my shirt. We were shooting cheap Walmart ammo, the white box 100rd target rounds. 115 grain.

Will the gun not eject casings into my shirt if we switched to different ammo. Plus I'm planning to get a P2000SK, does it eject shell casings the same way as the P30?
There have been many reported problems with recently-manufactued 115 gr Winchester ammo, which seems to be loaded very weak. Try 124 or 147 gr and/or a different brand of ammo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The WWB 115 grain from Walmart is what I shoot for training with my P30, just shot 500 rounds today, I don't have this problem.

Sorry I can't help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went shooting last weekend with my friend, who just bought a brand new P30.
Do you know if your friend cleaned his new P30 before bringing it out? The thick oil these pistols are packed in would probably provide sufficient friction to cause weak ejections.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts