HKPRO Forums banner

P30 shooting grip

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  LazarusLong 
#1 ·
This weekend I took my P30 shooting for the first time. I was experimenting with my grip(hand position not grip panels) and a lot of the time I was rubbing my shooting finger against the left side mag release lever, to the point of discomfort. Has any body else had this problem? Am I just using too much trigger finger?

#3 ·
Sounds like you are 'hooking' with your first joint curled around the trigger. This is not just a comfort issue, it will have a negative effect on your accuracy and follow up shot ability especially if you have the DA/SA P30 like I do. Definitely need to get the pad on the trigger. The bigger backstrap or strong side grip panel might help facilitate proper trigger finger position.

#4 ·
Just some copied info. Not my two cents!

You want to get as close as you can to having the first joint of your trigger finger on the trigger. This will not only give you better leverage on the trigger, but it will also help to have a clean and straight trigger pull, front to back. Not having "enough" finger on the trigger will tend to result in shots going to the left and having the finger too far onto the trigger results with shots going to the right. (Right handed shooter)

the higher the hand on the grip and the straighter the alignment of the barrel of your firearm andyour arm, the better a "shock absorber" your hand and arm are. This means you will have much better control over muzzle jump (the tendency for the barrel to rise quickly upon firing) and be better able you are to handle recoil. When gripping your semiautomatic pistol, you should see your flesh wrinkle some behind the backstrap and under the shelf or hood.

#8 ·
with me, my finger was rubbing on the bottom of the trigger guard itself because of that stupid little channel that the trigger rides in. The side of my finger felt like it wqas on fire for days after putting about 300 rounds downrange.If i were you, i'd liook into the david bowie vickers mod. he opens up that channel giving your finger more room at the bottom of the trigger guard and he indexes the safety levers to remove all the sharp edges. He can also install an internal trigger stop if you like, but i'd just go for the trigger guard work.

DS

#9 ·
If you place your finger level and proper across the face of the trigger you will have no issues. That stupid little channel is a glove trough and works wonders when shooting with gloved hands often found in military and LE applications. Bill

#10 ·
I tried the small backstrap with medium side panels as suggested, and adjusted my grip placement so that I'm using the pad of my index finger... I can now dry fire comfortably and am looking forward to hitting the range asap. I also plan on taking an advanced handgun shooting class soon. Thanks gents for all the helpful replies, I love the P30 ad would like to use it as my primary carry when i get more proficient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.