HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my P30 V2 LEM Wednesday. I immediately changed the TRS and FPBS to V1 like I did on my P2000. I have played around with all the backstraps and side panels quite a bit (dry firing). Tomorrow my V3 (DA/SA) mainspring will be in for it. For $hits and giggles before I try this thing out on Tuesday I am putting the V2 TRS back in and and swapping the mainspring making it a TGS (Todd Green Special).

My question to you P30 shooters. Is what feels best also what has shot best or have you found that not to be the case? Medium side panels and medium backstrap feels good to me, but to be honest the medium panels and large backstrap does also. Do you all recommend I take all the extra stuff with me and try it each way?

How did you all decide what to use? It really doesn't feel bad in any configuration.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The medium all around felt the best to me, but I shot it much better with the large side panels and medium back. Typically the largest grip you can use and still acess everything is what you will shoot the best. Never go by feel, always go by performance. You may have to experiment a bit to find what works best for you. My two cents....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got mediums all around, but after seeing a couple of threads about people getting nail drivers after changing backstraps and such, I'm taking all my panels and backstraps with me to the range and see which ones perform best

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yes a big difference. Mine is medium back with large side's. As soon as i pick the gun up everything is just right. No adjusting hand or trigger finger. So the reset feel's less and it feel's like a mold was made for my hand. Now i really like my P30's even more.....

·
Registered
549 Posts
As a right handed shooter, i went with Medium backstrap, Small right side panel, and Large left side panel. This configuration allows me to keep my long hands/fingers away from the slide release. Engaging the slide release was a big problem for me at first. I've got too much bone, skin, & meat that get in the way. One day I may try a P2000 slide release on the P30L.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Most configurations felt pretty good in my hand, making it hard to choose which combo was best. The combination that I finally settled with gave me the best natural point of aim.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally use the medium grips.. You should pick the ones that feel most comfortable in your hands. I wouldn't change it up too frequently though because you want to develop muscle memory to optimize your accuracy with the firearm :62:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts