HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I'm hoping some of you more experienced HK shooters can assist me.

I noticed this morning that what I believe is the magazine release pin on my new P30 SK has gone missing. (I've attempted to attach a picture - apologies if that didn't work.) The magazine release itself seems to be working okay.

From poking around on the site here, it looks like fixing this is simply a matter of ordering a replacement pin and installing it. Any tricks to that? Is this sort of thing common? The pistol is fairly new - I've had it a little over a month and have put maybe 500 rounds through it.

Many thanks for any advice (or words of warning).

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is the pin really missing? The mag release is retained by a split pin, not a solid pin. My P30's split pin is pretty thin-walled, so the hollow center portion is pretty big. Your photo won't enlarge on my computer, but it looks like the split pin is there.

ETA: I'm also in NoVa, so if you want a second set of eyes, let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Closer inspection with a magnifying glass confirms that it's a split pin, and it's in place. I think that what threw me was that the picture on the HK website shows what looks to be a solid pin. In any case, as noted earlier, the magazine release is working perfectly, which would not be the case if the pin had somehow walked/fallen out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts