HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The slide lock lever on my P30 has always conflicted with my thumb when gripping the weapon. Instead of adjusting my grip to suit the gun, I took about ten minutes of my time with a dremel and this is the result. After I had it shaped to my liking, I sent it off to get Cerakoted in Armor Black.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The thing I like about using the P30 slide release opposed to the P2000/HK45 lever is that it is still captive and will not come out of the frame when stripping the weapon down.
Not to mention the P2000 part has been out of stock at HKParts for a long while.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I think you are the first person to do this! You did a nice job. Looks like you bought it.
JodyH did the same thing with a dremel a while ago. I don't think he got it refinished though.

Looks nice! When I looked at the picture before reading the text, I was expecting it to be a replacement part that just went on sale. Very nice looking.

·
Registered
393 Posts
That looks good.

I took a dremel to mine the second day I had it. I used the lever from my P2000 as a size reference, cut & ground it down, then re-blued it with some Perma blue paste. It looks decent enough for me:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just used some "cold blue" on mine.
I'm more of a function over fashion kind of guy.
The only reason I went with Cerakote was because I was getting some 1911 parts finished at the same time and was charged next to nothing to get this done as well. It turned out great though.

Wow wish I was that good with a dremel... Did u use a grinding stone?
I did not use anything but a dremel. It was actually my time using one.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
@Doddste - Off topic. Did you swap out your grip side inserts? The left side didn't look like it was inserted correctly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Doddste - Off topic. Did you swap out your grip side inserts? The left side didn't look like it was inserted correctly.
Yes, I did swap out the inserts. I cannot remember off the top of my head what I used for the sides, but it might be the large insert which would make it look like it sticks out. I can assure you that it is set in place correctly.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow wish I was that good with a dremel... Did u use a grinding stone?
I can't speak for the others but I used a cutting wheel and then a grinding stone/wheel to smooth the corners and sharp edges up. It turned out much better than I had anticipated honestly.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Cutting wheel for the rough cut.
Sanding wheel for the shaping.
Cut a little then cool off with some water, sand a little then cool off with some water.
Big fuzzy wheel for the final polish work.
Wipe on, wipe off some Birchwood Casey cold blue and you're done.
So easy a caveman could do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cutting wheel for the rough cut.
Sanding wheel for the shaping.
Cut a little then cool off with some water, sand a little then cool off with some water.
Big fuzzy wheel for the final polish work.
Wipe on, wipe off some Birchwood Casey cold blue and you're done.
So easy a caveman could do it.
We need pics!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For some reason the thought of pictures always pops up after the project is completed. Funny how that works.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts