HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am new to this site but I have been shooting and using HK pistols for a long time. I am interested in taking my HK P30 SA/DA and putting on the external safety. Has anyone done this yet? Can it be done? If so what are the parts and part numbers I need to get? Any help would be great! THANKS !!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You can't add a safety to a P30 that doesn't already have one. They are not compatible. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yes, with the P30 series you pretty much need to buy what you want - not as capable of action conversion as the UPS series.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Just curious but why can't you retrofit a P30 with a safety? The P30s' already have the decocker on the thumb area so it's not as if you would effect that function.
This is just what I have heard on here. Something about the parts not aligning correctly. If someone has both and would be willing to try, I would love to see the results though.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Just curious but why can't you retrofit a P30 with a safety? The P30s' already have the decocker on the thumb area so it's not as if you would effect that function.
The slide release lever on the P30 is longer than the one on the P30S. So is the cut on the P30 frame to fit the longer slide release lever. My guess is that if you were to retrofit the safety lever onto the P30, there wouldn't be enough room for the long slide release lever + safety lever. However, would it work if you swapped the longer slide release lever with the shorter one (like on the real P30S)? I don't know if anyone has tried this, but the consensus is that it is impossible or not worth the effort. It'd be easier just to buy the P30S.

This question was answered previously here.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
This is just what I have heard on here. Something about the parts not aligning correctly. If someone has both and would be willing to try, I would love to see the results though.
Besides the frame/part differences, I think price and part availability would prove it's not worth the cost and/or effort. The shorter slide release lever + right slide release lever cost around $56, plus you'll need a new safety lever + hammer axle + detent plate + slide plate + slide plate compression spring (if available).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just buy the P30S. If you change the slide release lever it leaves a gap in the larger slot, if you don't the safety and slide lever overlap. Its why I waited so long to get one, for me it wasn't so much of the fact that I needed the safety, although I like the option, it was to move the slide release lever farther away from my thumbs during shooting to thwart inadvertant release of slide on last round, and the safety sort of repositons your shooting hand thumb also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the info. I might just have to grab a P30s then or maybe a 45c. Another question for you. Does anyone know where I can get the actual armors manual for the P30? Also where are the best places to get HK parts on the web?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. I might just have to grab a P30s then or maybe a 45c. Another question for you. Does anyone know where I can get the actual armors manual for the P30? Also where are the best places to get HK parts on the web?
HKparts.net... Adam and his staff are great and will walk you help you with all your questions. Adam even spent time on the phone with me to talk about his preference between DA/SA and LEM. They should also have manuals if not I know they have part diagrams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts