HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, as I've come to understand, there is a SLIM chance that I can convert my P30 to LEM....so, I am hoping to make the best of the DA/SA trigger, as it is. I have a USPc45 with factory LEM, so I am very familiar with that system. I also have owned several Sig's over the last couple years, and felt that the DA/SA trigger on the P30 would be a "cinch" to switch to. Well, maybe.

Does anyone else think the P30 has an incredibly Long DA pull, and a fairly long reset in SA mode?

I have never fired a P2000, but have researched the forums, and believe the P30 and the P2000 are very similar in their respective trigger lengths and pulls. Am I correct here?

I love the ergonomics of the P30, and the sights are easy to pick up....I guess my question is.....Is there hope for modification of the trigger system (DA/SA), or should I just wait until the P30 LEM conversion is more commonplace, and can be done at H&K?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Since I have not shot with LEM. I love the way my P30 shoots in SA. My reasons. When I first started shooting autos. Was a Colt 1911 which I still have. SA only. I got use to pulling the hammer back before I shot. So DA/SA like my 92F. I shot SA. Why because the trigger pull was lighter. From what I've heard. There may be a way to lighten the trigger pull on the P30.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Don't know if this applies to the P30. You really need to contact HK for a definitive answer, but I was told my P2000 in V3 couldn't be converted to LEM and the current P30 is V3. I know it sucks, but maybe the P30 is different.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
p30

Yes, there has been some talk on the forum about the conversions of P30 V3 to LEM. Enough that it has confused the hell out of me. From what I am led to believe, the P30 can be converted using P2000 parts, and the decocker stays in place, but releases the tension on the precocked hammer?

This is why I think I'l wait a year or so, see how things "shake out" and if available, have HK do the conversion at some point. If not, worst case scenario, is I have to buy another HK....haha

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
From what I am led to believe, the P30 can be converted using P2000 parts, and the decocker stays in place, but releases the tension on the precocked hammer?
Something like that. However also de-cocker can be removed for "full-LEM" conversion (you can cut de-cocking lever from V3 sear, or use P2000/USPf/USPc LEM sears as a replacement). There is small gap between frame and hammer where de-cocer used to be, but for me this is not a problem nor too noticeable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something like that. However also de-cocker can be removed for "full-LEM" conversion (you can cut de-cocking lever from V3 sear, or use P2000/USPf/USPc LEM sears as a replacement). There is small gap between frame and hammer where de-cocer used to be, but for me this is not a problem nor too noticeable.
Be careful.
Don´t use USP/USPc trigger parts in the P2000/P30, they are not interchangeable.
You can convert the P30 to LEM using P2000 parts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
search for LEM conversion kit

OK, I am officially beginning my search for the P2000 LEM conversion kits!
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i disliked the p30 so much i bought something differant and will wait for a lem model
Wow, that' the first time I've heard someone say that.
Not that I begrudge you your choice of course: different strokes...
A nice thing about the firearms industry is that if you look around enough you are bound to find something you like.

So what did you end up getting, deathtrap?

B.

·
Registered
749 Posts
OK, as I've come to understand, there is a SLIM chance that I can convert my P30 to LEM....so, I am hoping to make the best of the DA/SA trigger, as it is. I have a USPc45 with factory LEM, so I am very familiar with that system. I also have owned several Sig's over the last couple years, and felt that the DA/SA trigger on the P30 would be a "cinch" to switch to. Well, maybe.

Does anyone else think the P30 has an incredibly Long DA pull, and a fairly long reset in SA mode?

I have never fired a P2000, but have researched the forums, and believe the P30 and the P2000 are very similar in their respective trigger lengths and pulls. Am I correct here?

I love the ergonomics of the P30, and the sights are easy to pick up....I guess my question is.....Is there hope for modification of the trigger system (DA/SA), or should I just wait until the P30 LEM conversion is more commonplace, and can be done at H&K?
Thanks
I believe I've read that P2K parts can be used to convert your P30 DA/SA to LEM.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Be careful.
Don´t use USP/USPc trigger parts in the P2000/P30, they are not interchangeable.
You can convert the P30 to LEM using P2000 parts.
I mentioned sear and sear only.

BTW original sear from USPf/c SA/DA trigger can't be used in P2000/P2000SK/P30 LEM (without modifications that is), but sear from LEM conversion kit works. It's not exactly same, but it works (been there done that). Of course it's better to use original sear from P2000/P2000SK LEM.

I like to do some experiments sometimes, leftover from time when I fancied to modify cars for rally and racing. Manufacturers do take shortcuts, mostly for economic reasons. That's why some products can use different modules for same function, but when you look deeper into those modules some you can find more similarities and even exchange parts. This is the case: complete trigger actions from USP series and P series are different, but some parts are not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts