HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to get to the range today and ran 2 boxes of lawman 124 grain and and 3 boxes of federal 115 grain and I have to say I am in love. I tried all the different back straps and have decided I like the medium the best all the way around. I only had 1 issue the slide stop did not stay open on two occasions, but this was user error not the gun(I'm a lefty and gonna take some time to get use to a lever on that side(I've only owned glocks), although it happened on the first 2 mags and never after that, you do the math). Also I had my 26 and shot a few magazines through it and put it up, there is no comparison trigger wise. I hate that it took me this long to jump on this. I am still shooting a little right an high when fast shooting, but today was the first time in my 8 years of shooting that I have ever been able to group so consistently that I made a hole the size of a tennis ball. I was very impressed and tickled to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also when I field stripped it I saw what looked like grease lube from the factory. I have always used ballistol for cleaning/lube/oiling. Should I use grease on the p30 and what is the best way to clean after each range trip? There maybe a sticky or it's embedded in this forum somewhere if someone could provide a link or description that would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks and yes the p30 is wonderful, just glad after years of lust that it lived up to it

·
Registered
134 Posts
Also when I field stripped it I saw what looked like grease lube from the factory. I have always used ballistol for cleaning/lube/oiling. Should I use grease on the p30 and what is the best way to clean after each range trip? There maybe a sticky or it's embedded in this forum somewhere if someone could provide a link or description that would be greatly appreciated

I believe they use grease during assembly or something. I use solvent to clean and gun butter to lube my handguns (slip 2000 for my rifles).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! These things are AMAZING pistols...I've been shooting pistols as a hobby for 30 years and until now have never been able to consistently hit a damn thing. Seeing the P30 was love at first site...holding it was amazing...shooting it is surreal. The out of the box grip fit me perfectly and I haven't even touched the other sets. I have about 800 rounds through mine now...not a single failure and I'm shooting cheap S&B 115gr range ammo I'm buying for $200 a case. Last saturday I was hitting small water bottles at 40 - 50 yards...not every time, but often enough. Just WOW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts