HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got the chance to fire my new P30 a few rounds. Between S&B FMJ, and Federal Hy-Shok (I think thats the name) +P stuff, I had 0 stoppages.

S&B FMJ at 15 yds, weaver stance, kept all rounds fired in a 3.5 circle. I would fire the entire mag, letting the sites settle back onto the target. No time to actually aim each shot precisely. D/A first shot was a flyer. (A problem of mine with any pistol...) Noted that my P.O.I. centered 1.5" left of P.O.A. Elevation Dead-on.

Federal Hy Shok +P, weaver stance, kept all rounds fired into a 2" circle, very impressed. Once again, during firing I only let the sites settle back onto the target, and fired fairly quickly. D/A first shot was a flyer. (Once again, my problem...) Noted that my P.O.I. centered 1" left of P.O.A., Elevation Dead-on.

No cycle issues, no stoppages. I did not clean the gun prior to shooting, and didnt oil it any either. Just straight out of the box.

I did switch the panels on the grip as follows (gun ships with "M" panels all around)

Left side = "S" Panel
Right side = "L" Panel
Backstrap = "S" Panel

This allows the gun to fill my palm, while still feeling "small" in size to my hand.

Illuminous sites are a strong point, but be advised, the luminous effect only applies if the pistol has been exposed to light within the last hour or so. If you store it in a dark place, dont expect quick light from them.

I have found that my Surefire G2 LED will brightly charge the sites in 3 seconds. This charge lasts all night, as when I awake they are still glowing.

Cant wait to get some more range time...one hell of a little pistol!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Nice range report! The P30 will only get better as you put more rounds through the gun.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Oh yeah

I've taken mine to the indoor range once a week, heading out again after I send this, very happy with the P30 and the Hk45.

Need to get a Comp-Tac holster and mag pouches for both for IDPA, also looking for a duty type to fit a 2" belt for the MP5 vest.

I tried swapping the grip inserts, ended up back with what came on the gun, it just feels best.

All of my groups haven't been as good, but all in the 8 ring, it's that DA to SA conversion that keep screwing me up, I pull the gun, thus throwing one low and left, but as they say, practice, practice, practice.

Out the door

Bob

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will without a doubt replace my Mk23 for IDPA/IPSC style shooting. (Not that I compete regularly...)

I would like a Serpa for this, and some type of WB pancake style hide.

Also definately am looking for a Surefire X300. Im sold on Surefire...without a doubt worth every penny.

hkx3

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I would like a Serpa for this, and some type of WB pancake style hide.

Also definately am looking for a Surefire X300. Im sold on Surefire...without a doubt worth every penny.

hkx3
Comp-Tac is now making holsters for the P30 and are IMO the best in the buisness.

I am also going to go with the Surefire X300. After reading many reviews online it seems that the X300 is the best light available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good report. I also was shooting my new P30 today, fired 50 rds S&B 124-gr ammo and 50 rds 115-gr UMC ammo (green box). Fired rapidly drawing from el-cheapo Mil-Tech fit-all holster and hit inside 2.5-inch sticky targets consistently from 50 feet and into X-to 6-ring of 5.5-inch target from 25 yards. There was one failure to feed with S&B ammo. The problem was that spent cartridges hit me in the head all the time, no matter if I tried to tilt the gun slightly to the right or left. There has been no such problem with my P2000, which did not have any failures at all from day one. All in all, P30 is a good gun, although HK flopped by giving me a manual from P2000. And no, I am not going to sell the P2000, it is just so reliable.:28:

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
For the record, Hessy, I too noticed that the S&B stuff ejected up, and back, and to be honest - kinda 'weakly' cycled the action. The Federal stuff ejected high right, where I expect it to, and cycled more forcefully. Ive also noted that the S&B runs slower in my MAC10PDW, which means 'weaker' to me. It always goes bang tho!

hkx3

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
A few years back I found the S&B to be hotter than a lot of domestic stuff. Haven't fired any since then however and I realize things change. I noticed a big difference between Fiocchi and Blazer Brass in a P30 I fired this weekend. The BB came back on my hat bill or on my foot. The F high right. It all gets out of the way however.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Jimmy,My aunt bought one of the P30 and she is having problems with ejection of spent rounds and the slide not locking back on last round.Any problems or thoughts on that?I have no idea what ammo?I am sure its just cheap stuff over at BUDS.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jimmy,My aunt bought one of the P30 and she is having problems with ejection of spent rounds and the slide not locking back on last round.Any problems or thoughts on that?I have no idea what ammo?I am sure its just cheap stuff over at BUDS.
I would seriously find out about the ammo. You know as well as I do, not kicking out spent brass, and not locking the slide sounds like a weak round (or rounds).

Maybe she got ahold of some Rem. UMC?? Its notoriously weak, and lots of places sell it..(like hardware stores, wally world, etc)

I have heard/read that the P30 likes to be 'broken in' using some higher-powered rounds, and that once the thing seats in, you can go back to the weaker stuff with no problems.

Here is another thing, think about the number one thing most women (and inexperienced pistol shooters in general) do... Limp Wrist.

I would make a small bet that she isnt holding the pistol firmly enough, and that coupled with the new gun, and possibly weak ammo is stacking up against her.

I would suggest something like ranger or hy-shok or something for a couple hundred rounds, and tell her to be absolutely sure to 'lock' her wrist against the recoil. Explain that her stiff wrist is what makes the pistol work.

I wouldnt think anything would be wrong with the pistol, do you?

Hope this helps.

hkx3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts