HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to provide information for those interested:

Picked up a pair of P30 V3’s this past week. Both were new in box. Both have virtually identical trigger weights in both action modes. Both are CA date code (2020) and are within a few hundred units in serial number. Both have frames molded in 2019.

Both pistols had a very smooth but high-stack DA and a crisp SA. Reset was the usual long but crisp character of the P30 V3.

All weights are an average of 10 pulls on a calibrated and certified Wheeler digital gauge.

Out of the box:
DA: 9# 12 ounces
SA: 4# 11 ounces

200 rounds of 9MM WIN NATO and ~500 dry presses onto snap caps each:
DA: 9# 11 ounces
SA: 4# 9 ounces

After changing to Lone Wolf 11# hammer springs and HK light firing pin block springs, (no change to TRS), the following trigger weight numbers were noted:

DA: 8# 7 ounces
SA: 3# 6 ounces

The DA stack is reduced to a smoother roll, and the SA is still crisp and creep-free. DA shots require a determined grip and attention to the sights as usual, but is much easier to achieve.

Both pistols hold 2.5” groups off hand at 25 with Federal HST 147 and print about 2 minutes high and centered driving the dot (5 best of 6 shot method). 124 grain S&B prints high and left. 124 WIN NATO also prints slightly left and high.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I installed the grayguns kit and it helped a bit for SA. DA still sucks so I may follow your tip on the springs

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have noted that I had no issues with primer ignition using the lighter hammer spring on any ammunition I tested, including Federal, Fiocchi, GECO, Privi Partisan, Winchester, CCI, and S&B. Nor was there any change to perceived recoil impulse from the resulting change to the hammer drag on recoil.

·
Descending into HKoholism
480 Posts
@Archer1440,

I am running Wolff 10# in all my HKs - no problems what so ever.

Replacing the TRS is tedious, but it helps.
If you have a Dremel I would recommend you buy a Harbor Freight needle nose pliers:
and make yourself an hkpart.net alike tool:

Your out of the box numbers seem way better than mine.
IIRC, mostly due to the horribly heavy FPBS, my SA trigger pull was around 6 lbs.
In a thread with Lyman's support, they told me to pull very, very slowly to get a correct reading.
Pulling fast was producing unbelievable results on one other gun - 2 LBS SA.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will note that current P30’s appear to already have the light TRS (confirmed by visual and caliper inspection), so I didn’t feel the need to change it out even though I have the correct specialty tool for the job.

As for my methodology for determining pull weight, it was done correctly with a certified and calibrated electronic scale. I have 30 years experience doing this sort of thing, I used to do all my own 1911 work as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts