HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P30 V3 that I have attempted to train with off and on for the past two years. I never stick with it, perhaps because I don't give the gun enough time for me to get used to DA/SA triggers. This time, assuming I shoot 200 rounds per weekend every weekend for four months, do folks think the V3 trigger will become second nature to me? I know this probably boils down to "it's all up to you OP", but I'm curious as to others' experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sure it's possible. Many people do it; maybe in some cases more rounds required, maybe less.

Personally I am not a fan of DA/SA. Never really warmed up to it. I preferred SAO (which is what got me into HKs), but a few years ago discovered the LEM system. All the benefits of a P30 (ergos, accuracy, reliability, etc) with the benefits of the striker (same pull every time, no safety, etc).

This is the way I look at it - yes, you can expend 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 rounds and be great at a DA/SA platform, but what if you invested that ammo into a platform more suited to you fro the beginning. You'd be that much farther ahead!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Some people can shoot that 200 rounds per week over 16 weeks and gain 3200 rounds of experience. Others will gain 200 rounds of experience 16 times. I think a far more effective training regimen (not to mention far more economical), would be to practice dry firing from the comfort of your home. Focus on maintaining the sight picture.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have spent a fair amount of time with the P30 v3. The ability to steer the gun and keep a proper sight picture throughout the press was valuable to me. Be sure to keep the first shot honest. Meaning always decock when the gun comes off target. Some folks make it sound harder than it is.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
If you dry fired your P30 in a correct way 15-30 minutes daily or most days of the week, and followed it up with your planned weekend live fire, you'll be reasonably comfortable with it in a couple of months. I went from LEM to DA/SA, although not P30, and back, and didn't have much trouble. In some ways DA/SA is easier than LEM, IMO. Dry fire is exceptionally powerful for these kind of things.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I never could train through the P30 V3 DA/SA. I dry fired and put 3000 rounds through it. I did get used to it but it was just to much mental awareness to have to switch gears between pulls. When the VP9 came out I swtiched and was instantly much more accurate.

I now have around 8000 rounds through a couple of VP9s. Interesting thing is now when I go back to the P30 V3 I am much better with it.

I think at first paying too much attention to the trigger pull was distracting. It seems now that I have the other things on auto (draw, grip, aim, transitioning etc,) all I really concentrate on is trigger pull. Does that make any sense?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The problem with DA/SA IMO is that you have two distinctly different trigger pulls to master. This is doable with a lot of practice. I prefer to work on a simplify. That is why I like to run HKs condition 1. I don't have much experience with the V3 system but I imagine if provides the same benefit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts