HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intrigued by the P30. Besides the spidey grip with the different configurations how does is compare to the P2K series? I'm looking at it b/c I love my HK45 and could probably splurge to get its 9mm counterpart.

My favorite "all purpose" 9mm is the Glock 19. I think it's perfect in size and will go bang when you need it to. It's also inexpensive (which the P30 isn't) so if something were to happen to it it wouldn't matter too much.

How do you G19 and P30 owners think they compare?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a G17 instead of the G19. The P30 is about 1/4" shorter than the G17 making it about the same as the G19. The P30 handle is the same size as the G17. This means the G19 would be slightly easier to conceal. As far as shooting the two, I like both. The Glock is predictable and works every time. Nothing fancy, just a gun that works and works well. The P30 is a lot of fun to shoot. I prefer the DA/SA trigger because the first shot is more deliberate than with the Glock. After that the SA trigger pull is great for follow up shots. You can tell when shooting them that the P30 is more refined but you can count on both of them.

The one thing that I don't like about the P30 is the grip. When shooting, it is the most comfortable pistol I have ever held. When in and IWB holster it rubs on my side and is VERY uncomfortable if I don't have a shirt tucked in under it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
When I bought my P30 I went in with the intent to buy either a USP40 Compact or the P2000sk.

I put the USP in my hand and did not like how it felt. It was too skinny for my hand and my fingers wrapped around it too far to be comfortable. Scratched that idea.

I put the P2000sk in my hand and while it felt better, the grip was just too short for me to shoot well with. Another idea tossed.

Then I looked and saw an HK that I had never seen before, the P30. It had only been out for about 3 weeks or so, and it was one of the first my local shop had gotten in for display. The second I put it into my hand it was sold. I have never had this comfortable of a grip on any gun. It was just perfect in every possible respect.

I had already owned a G19 and never thought I'd seek out a similar sized 9mm because it was just right for me. It was ultra-reliable (as all of my Glocks have been), simple to bring into action, a dream to carry, and all around familiar to me.

Another reason I favor Glocks so much is that I DETEST DA/SA triggers. I do not like my trigger action changing from the first to second shot as I train to always double tap. This has kept me in P7M8's, 1911's, Hi Powers, and Glocks for the last 15 years or so.

But in the case of the P30 I didn;t care one iota. Plus the DA pull is very smooth and the break is easily predictable, which cannot be commonly said for a plastic DA trigger.

And damn if the P30 wasn;t stupid accurate from the very first shot. Normally it takes me a few range trips to completely familiarize myself with any pistol and become proficient and accurate... not so with the P30. It just blew me away from the first box of ammo I shot.

It's FUN to shoot, dead on accurate, and feels like an extension of my hand. While I still love my G19, I don;t shoot it much at all since I bought the P30.

I echo the sentiments above about carrying it, this is a downside for me as I do not like to wear undershirts. But if you don't the side of the grip will rub you raw within MINUTES... it's like sandpaper. The Glock is better for that type of carry because it is so smooth. But I'll either switch to wearing undershirts or try to find a good shoulder rig (at least for the winters) and I'll be fine.

I was so in love with the P30 that I broke ANOTHER rule of mine... i never buy a pistol that I won't carry, and for me the HK45 is too large to carry. I could care less... I bought it the next week and it is my all-time favorite .45. As accurate as any custom 1911 I've owned, and reliable. It is a joy to shoot at the range, and I'll probably find a way to conceal it comfortably in the near future. It is at my bedside every night and I'll soon add a tac light to it.

The P30 is only a little thicker than the G19, and the length/height difference is slight as well. It is as easy to conceal, but if you prefer IWB carry, the G19 will be easier for sure because the whole pistol is a bit slimmer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a Glock 23, P30, and a P2SK. The G23 would be easier for a CCW IMHO because it is smaller than the P30. The P30 would carry just fine I just haven't bought a Holster for mine yet. Hopefully soon I'll have a holster and can give a better comparison. The P2SK is my daily carry piece and it shoots like a dream. I love the LEM trigger because it's fast, safe, and easy to use. I plan on carrying all 3 as they are all great pistols.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The G19 and P30 shoot suprisingly similar for me. Although the P30 is lightyears ahead of the Glock in the grip department, both guns shoot a rapid-fire ragged hole at about 30ft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts