HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a P30 and a P2000sk. What I have noticed is that since the P30's grip is tapored and its mag doesn't have the lip that sticks out, my P30 hides much better than my P2000sk (I don't have a flat mag butt for the SK). It seems to make sense, but it doesn't matter for printing how long the grip is, but rather what shape it is. So with the P30, you can have a fullsize comfortable grip and it seems to hide better than the SK anyway. I was carrying the SK with the grip extenders and the P2000 mag, and this prints much more than the P30 as it has the lip on it and is almost as long as the P30 anyway. Anyone else notice this?

Since the HK45 series and the P30 have some major differences, i.e, the mag shape, slide release size, etc. do you guys think they will introduce a HK9 to follow the HK45 format? or is the P30 it? P30 seems pretty perfect to me the way it is. Seems to be everything that the Walther P99 set out to be, but looks better doing it. This thing could replace James Bond's and Jack Bauer's guns at the same time. =)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not to get to personal, but I was wondering.. what size are you? Height, waist, and whatever other variables influence a concealed carry. Also, what holster do you have? I’m curious because in Feb, I’m getting a P30 without ever holding one, and my plan is make it my concealed weapon.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am built like the previous James Bonds, not the new guy... =(
About 6 foot 2in, and 180 pounds, fairly slender. The P30 hides as well on me as a P7M8 does... The USPc and P2000 series prints badly because of the mag lips... the HK45 and P30 hide that better, but the P30 is best due to the tapored shape and the mag fits within the base, doesn't stick out. I am a little bit worried about the HK45c because of this, I like the feel of the mag lips, but they print, and the P30 feels the best with no mag lip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
baseplates usually only start to print the farther back on your hip you carry your gun as they begin to cant outward. I dont have a p30 so maybe I should keep my mouth shut but it seems like all the "fullsize" guns like the uspc and p2000 should print about equally with the p30 if carried right on the hip in similarly canted holsters. Perhaps a little info about the method of carry would be helpful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The P2000SK is so small it is capable of being pocket carried with a flat baseplate and many pants brands. You aren't doing that with a P30.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I carry IWB, forward cant (Milt Sparks VM II). P30 have less print that P2000 with extended baseplate, but P2000SK defintelly have less print that P30, even with extended baseplate.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Get yourself a good holster preferably an IWB, a good belt, wear the appropriate clothing and either one is fine. I have both a P2000 and a P30.

One holster that conceals extremely well is the AKJ Concealco, ditto for the Tucker Texas Heritage.

When it comes to concealed carry, folks have a tendency to put too much emphasis on the gun and not enough IMHO on the holster. What's another hundred bucks when you just spend 8 bills give or take on a gun. Order a good holster. My2 cents, your mileage may differ.

·
Registered
217 Posts
IMO, if you are going to need the size of P2000sk for concealed carry, then you should only carry with flat floorpate. Otherwise it's you're not getting the benefit of Sk's compact size.

X

·
0 Posts
i would agree that the flat magplate will make a huge difference, and the skinnier you are the more of a difference it makes. I'm really skinny and the p2000sk printed quite noticeably if I'd bend over even a little at the waist, but with the flat mags it hides much better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I really like the P2000sk. I can't carry here but if I was able I would carry the P2000sk.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am about to pick up my sk in a few days. It's chambered in .37sig and the mags are flat. I've ordered the Comp-Tac MTAC holster, anyone has that set up and how does it print?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i would agree that the flat magplate will make a huge difference, and the skinnier you are the more of a difference it makes. I'm really skinny and the p2000sk printed quite noticeably if I'd bend over even a little at the waist, but with the flat mags it hides much better.
Is it harder to hold with the flat magplate? Just wondering, I don't have really big hands or anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try the flat-floorplate mags in your P2000SK. Those mags combined with my Milt Sparks VM-II makes my P2SK disappear.
When you say "flat-floorplate mags" do you mean the magazine that came stock with the P2000SK or something after market? If this is something other than the stock P2000SK mag, can you give me a link as I didn't know anyone made mags for HKs other than HK. Thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
i carry my p2ksk with the extended floorplate cuz it is more comfortable for me and it still hides fine. but thats what great about the floor plates you can choose to carry however you want.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts