·
Registered
4,191 Posts
P30L

Can't imagine any.
I almost bought a P30L.
But intended to carry so I got the P30.
My Surefire X300 works on the P30.
But I'm thinking the longer rail on a P30L might be better...
Accually wish I got the L.
Especially for home defense?
And If you are interested in hanging a light off it?
I'd recommend going with the P30L.

Barth

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
None and I prefer the P30L over the P30.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While the VP9 a terrific gun
For a gun I may have to reach for in the middle of the night the take up on the Lem trigger gives me a little comfort. Maybe it's silly but does anyone else feel this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
For a gun I may have to reach for in the middle of the night the take up on the Lem trigger gives me a little comfort. Maybe it's silly but does anyone else feel this way.

Yes. It's why I bought a P30SK and don't really care if they make a VP9SK.

·
Registered
88 Posts

As Nyeti has said, LEM makes a great people control trigger, and a little extra takeup in case one checks the trigger unconsciously under stress, is not a bad thing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That's not silly -- it's exactly why an LEM P30L and a P30SK (and an LEM USPc .45) are my SD/CCW guns, and my VP9 is primarily a range toy.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Another vote for the P30L over the P30. I think the P30L is what the P30 SHOULD be. The normal P30 seems a little too short in slide for the grip length. The P30L is virtually identical to the USP 9. The P30 should take the P2000 mags IMO. I would love to have that gun. I would also love a VP9 Compact that take P2000 mags. I don't care much for these SK's.

The P30L is tied with the USP 45 for my overall favorite HK's.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I traded my P30 for a P30L, not because I didn't like the P30. I shoot the L a little better than the P30. A hole in the X ring is still a "flier" on my targets, but I get a few more fliers with the L. If I didn't have 2 P30sk's I wouldn't have made the trade.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another vote for the P30L over the P30. I think the P30L is what the P30 SHOULD be. The normal P30 seems a little too short in slide for the grip length. The P30L is virtually identical to the USP 9. The P30 should take the P2000 mags IMO. I would love to have that gun. I would also love a VP9 Compact that take P2000 mags. I don't care much for these SK's.

The P30L is tied with the USP 45 for my overall favorite HK's.
Agree, especially with the bolded, I really wish they'd make a G19 sized P30. I'm also not a fan of the SKs as I like a longish barrel and a hand filling grip, kind of like the 1911 CCO concept. The P30L to me is about the perfect "service" sized polymer 9mm, the balance and ergonomics are superb. I'd love to get a couple more rounds in the magazine to keep it on par with the G17 or M&P, but can live with 15. While I carried striker fired guns for about 5 years, I really have warmed to the LEM as a defensive trigger. My VP9 has also become a range gun and usually ends up as a loner as I prefer to practice with the same system I carry.

Chuck

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the p30l and wouldn't trade it for anything. I think it is the ideal size, better for a light... anyone who thin

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Love my DA/SA HK P30LS. Use it for range and SD and my sweet LEM P30SK for CCW with either 10 round or 13 round magazines.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
As we know, the P30L is a little longer than the P30. Therefore, a little more scarier to the bad guy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to close the loop I picked up a P30L Lem today. Put 400 rounds through her and couldn't be happier. The L feels very balanced to me and with a light the added barrel length just works.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Just to close the loop I picked up a P30L Lem today. Put 400 rounds through her and couldn't be happier. The L feels very balanced to me and with a light the added barrel length just works.
You did good.
I'd appreciate a little more length on my P30 for sure...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I shoot the P30 like its part of my hand.

P30L had fliers. Different day, more relaxed using p30. Anxious using p30 L.

May go back to range when relaxed on a Saturday afternoon and see if anything changes.

Both firearms are amazing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts