HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I know it will be DAO but someone had mentioned they had read about a SA/DA variant. Whether there is any truth to this, I am still researching.

So if you go from a short grip to a long one on your P250 then you need new mags? Really not my idea of a great feature.

·
Registered
830 Posts
So if you go from a short grip to a long one on your P250 then you need new mags? Really not my idea of a great feature.
How many people after buying a P2000, went and bought a P2000sk. Same principle, but instead of buying a whole new gun, you buy a grip and some mags. Not a great feature? I disagree.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I suppose so. I'm one of those people who bought a USP and then had to have a USP compact. :)

I would still rather have two guns in different sizes then one gun I have to convert. I don't know, maybe thats just me. Probably why I own a big USP and a compact, a G19 and a G26.

So the DAK is alot like LEM it seems. LEM was not for me, which makes me think DAK might not be either. But you never know until you shoot it. Honestly I think the USPs DA pull (first shot when decocked) is alot nicer than the SIG when it's decocked. The decocked DA pull on the P229 SCT felt very strange to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Guess we need some real life range reports from more folks on both weapons to know what to ask for Xmas, eh?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Look familiar??

Is it just me or does the SIG 250 bear a resemblence to the USP compact?
When I first saw pictures of it I thought "that's a good looking gun", then I realized why. Certainly different looking than a P226 or P229.

Or maybe not...

ARKAY

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
To me the similarities between the P250 and a USP start and end with the polymer frame.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I too will chime in for quality (HK). My Dept. purchased a large quantity of Sig P220's a few years back. We have pretty much had nothing but problems with them since then (I won't go into it, because the list is long). Sig has not dealt with the problems at all, infact they said one of the issues was not worth them correcting, remember I said Dept. purchased duty guns.. I think we bought somewhere between 250 to 300 guns... Thankfully, we recently changed our policy and individual officers can purchase their own weapons, I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR THE HK45!

Just to be fair, I have an older Sig P220 (made in West Germany), which has never even had so much as a hicup, after thousands and thousands of rounds down the pipe. I really love my old Sig, the new one, well that is a different story...

good luck.... and I agree, the P250 is very interesting, I just worry about quality...

I also had one of the older Sig P220,s made in Germany & it was a 100% reliable gun but Sig,s quality does not seem as good as it use to. If Sigs new P250 is reliable without problems I think they have a winner but we will have to wait & see. All I know is that it is going to be very hard to beat the grip of the HK P30 as far as large handguns go.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The P250 appears to be a very interesting a promising design. However, based on my experience with the S&W M&P I will NEVER (even when it comes to a Sig) purchase a gun in its first year of introduction. Although things have improved with the M&P, I don't believe all the bugs are worked out specifically with regard to the mag catch design - too many reports of mags dropping while firing and a too light mag release catch. I had two M&P and both required trips back to the factory.

I'll wait and see how the P250 does over the next year and then I'll decide. What attracted me to the P2000 and the Walther P99, is that both guns have been around a while, all the bugs have been ironed out, and one can be reasonably assured of a good reliable out-of-the-box weapon. In my case, I have not been disappointed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just curious. Conceptually the sig 250 is very appealing, however if you take into account fully purchasing all the necessary parts i.e. , barrels, magazines, and grip housings to fully utilze the concept of 4 guns in one. Is this really cost effective. First how will the .45 cal fit into the small compact housing and have the same magazine configuration as the 9mm. To me it seems like you really are purchasing 3 guns in 1 and a 45 cal. Second, will the full cost of this 250 be equivalant to lets say a p30 and hk 45, which I would prefer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think it was said somewhere that the .45 will not be convertible to the other 3 calibers. Also, the trigger isn't the DAK trigger, it's a new DAO with a short 3mm reset and the initial pull seems shorter than the DAK. I think it's a great concept, but I agree about Sig's questionable quality control based on all of the posts i've seen recently around different forums. They seem to be turning into Kimber.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Second, will the full cost of this 250 be equivalant to lets say a p30 and hk 45, which I would prefer.
I already reserved a copy. Its $600 with night sights

I'll wait and see how the P250 does over the next year and then I'll decide. What attracted me to the P2000 and the Walther P99, is that both guns have been around a while, all the bugs have been ironed out, and one can be reasonably assured of a good reliable out-of-the-box weapon. In my case, I have not been disappointed.
Keep in mind the P250 has already been available for about 2 years and has a large contract order with Honk Kong PD. Its not exactly new

·
Registered
19 Posts
So the DAK is alot like LEM it seems.
DAK is not like the LEM, the LEM works well; the DAK well it just plain Stinks. This is coming from a guy who loves his Sigs more than any other gun, but also loves his HK's and thinks the LEM is a perfect 'Duty weapon' trigger.

The DAK makes no sense and is very difficult to like. I bought it, tried it, hated it, sold it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts