HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been abroad and without internet for some time. So I am not updated as to the latest indefinite release of the P30. I keep reading about it in magazines, seeing ads... etc.

So what's the latest? Any release date, or update set? Last I heard it was September.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I think that just about everyone is tired of the broken promises about this pistol. Nobody has any idea when they are going to hit the market. Most people I have talked to have given up on it all together and spent their money on other brands of pistols. Including myself. I had a P30, and a HK45 on pre-order. I got tired of getting jerked around with broken promises cancelled both and started buying Wilson Combat pistols. I have heard numerous stories on here just like mine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went to a gun show in Minneapolis today and the HK dealer dude there mentioned that he heard September 20th.

We'll see... :670:

G

·
this kind of thing happens all the time. sometimes it takes a while to get the product off the conveyor belt and into shelves. but if you have doubts then dont pre order things. thats the risk and thats the trade-off. if your mad because they couldnt get stuff out on time, then im sorry you have alot of life to live. its just not gonna happen on your time.

if you dont want to wait, then I guess it's really not that important to you. But I plan on buying one as soon as they hit the shelves; i dont care if it takes 3 to 6 more months. in the end, I know it will be worth it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
this kind of thing happens all the time. sometimes it takes a while to get the product off the conveyor belt and into shelves. but if you have doubts then dont pre order things. thats the risk and thats the trade-off. if your mad because they couldnt get stuff out on time, then im sorry you have alot of life to live. its just not gonna happen on your time.

if you dont want to wait, then I guess it's really not that important to you. But I plan on buying one as soon as they hit the shelves; i dont care if it takes 3 to 6 more months. in the end, I know it will be worth it.
Amen to that.

Pre-orders aren't promises, they are retailers trying to profiteer from impatience. I don't think HK ever made any promises. They provided release estimates. If money is burning a hole in your pocket to buy something then you obviously were'nt all that interested in the P30.

When I buy a P30 I want it to be bug free and I'll wait for that and would want it none too sooner.

Tim

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't know if this helps but talked to Jeff at HK today and he said late September early October the P30 should be here, I guess we'll see.

Looks like an awesome review.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that just about everyone is tired of the broken promises about this pistol. Nobody has any idea when they are going to hit the market. Most people I have talked to have given up on it all together and spent their money on other brands of pistols. Including myself. I had a P30, and a HK45 on pre-order. I got tired of getting jerked around with broken promises cancelled both and started buying Wilson Combat pistols. I have heard numerous stories on here just like mine.
Broken promises? A bit melodramatic perhaps? I'm not aware of any particular "promise" made by HK to get the gun released on a certain date. HK has a reputation for quality and reliability because the company takes the time to properly design and test its weapons and fixes any outstanding problems BEFORE those weapons are made available for sale. If you want to be a beta tester for a flawed half-finished product, there are plenty of gun makers with questionable reputations that would gladly accept your business.

There's no conspiracy to jerk customers around. Most likely, HK is working out issues that popped up during testing or retooling the factory or doing something else that needs to be done. P30 and HK45 will hit the market when HK is ready to produce them. And frankly, I don't see why you'd want it any other way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The long intro process is annoying, but I understand the desire to launch a product that is as flawless as possible. IMO, HK is better off making sure they've got it right before it hits the hands of consumers.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Just an update... I heard that it is shipping to dealers at the end of this month early October. But then again the same thing was said about it being released over the summer. I am really interested in this gun but if I do decide to get one I will wait a while.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
1+ Mark! Im not getting a P30 (unless HK chambers it for .40sw), but Im going to wait a while after the HK45 releases to get one. Im sure when it lands, its going to be done, and done right.

Far as I know, the P30 is shipping now, and should land shortly.

G

·
i really want to get my hands on one. someone said they were being sent to the labs for approval right? I live in ca and hope to see them on the shelves soon

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
No LEM, NO buy for me.
The P30 is only going to be V3 with the DA/SA trigger for at least a good 6 months to a year before they start coming out with the LEM trigger from the factory. At least this is what I was told by an HK rep.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My only 2 cents is a basic Project Management tenet, don't make promises you can't keep. It would be better if they didn't say anything regarding a projected time to market unless it's cast in stone.

All that being said, I'll be getting one as soon as they arrive myself :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts