HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably get booted off the forum for even asking this, but had anyone ever seen any sort of beavertail backstrap attachment for the P30/P30L? I ask because I was at the LGS and went to the Sig showcase to fondle some P226 Elite Dark with the large beavertail. Just love the feel and kinda miss the M&P9 beavertail. The sales guy pulls a Gl*ck from the showcase and added some sort of Grip Force brand attachment to the backstrap. Wow! Completely changed to feel of that thing in my hand. Can't explain it, just a personal preference I guess. ALMOST bought the Gl*ck and adapter right on the spot, but my ejection issues from my last one caused me to pause. Got me thinking, is there any way possible for a beavertail attachment to be added to the P30L? I am on the road for work and don't have my P30L handy to see if it is even possible. Forgive me in advance for even contemplating ways to improve the P30 frame.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I've never seen a bevertail for the P30. I used to get bit by my Glock all the time and really wanted to put one on it, however it was an illegal mod to make for gaming. Do you get bit by your P30?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nope. not for any HK guns.

That is one great thing about glocks....the after market support. They make every little thing you can think of for all the glocks.....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never seen a bevertail for the P30. I used to get bit by my Glock all the time and really wanted to put one on it, however it was an illegal mod to make for gaming. Do you get bit by your P30?
Apollo, no I have not been bit by the slide. I just really like the way the larger beavertail frames feel in the hand (I know, I should have thought about that before I sold my M&P9). Trying it on the Glock today really made it feel good in the hand. I'm not saying the P30L grip is bad at all, just wanted to see if there was something out there to try on the HK. Also thought maybe the beavertail would maybe let me choke up on the gun a bit and stop the "no lock back" on the last round because I'm hitting the slide release lever issue I've had.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I see. I have gotten too high on the P30 and it leaves a nice cut when you do. Perhaps send an email to the company that makes the beaver tail and see what they say about the P30.

If your P30 has a safety on it, you may be able to get your thumb up there and force your hand higher.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Hoghunter do you remember the name of that beaver tail for the glock? I have a G21 I would like to check out that product you were talking about. (sorry to steer off topic).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts