HKPRO Forums banner

P30L Issue?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  threefeathers 
#1 ·
Hey all

I grabbed a P30L tonight and it seemed a little stiff running it at gunshop. I got a pretty good deal on it as they were closing out stuff and I didnt want to pass it up. I thought it may have just been super dry but I just got it home and took it down and it seems the front frame rails are too thick and are actually making the slide drag? I know these usually wear down after shooting to the bare metal but at this point it actually will make the slide stick in place. So if the slide has to come over the rails it actually drags and stops? I have many HKs and never had a problem out of the box but I guess there is always a first.

I will make a video for you guys to better show it.

Should I send it to HK?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Yes I have multiple P30s and the slide is almost locking up running back and forth over that spot. I have been running it by hand it is getting better as I think the plastic is wearing off. I will get a vid up!

Discussion starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya I just took it down so it was easier to see what was going on with one hand it actually sticks even with the spring in it.

I have ran it about 1000 times in last couple hours it is alot better. I think I will go shoot it and see if it loosens up the rest of the way.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Well I shot it today about 100 rds of nato no problems! Shot great the L is really a soft shooter!

The gun does shoot left about 2 inches so going to have to find a sight tool though! Never had an HK be that far off before!

Discussion starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Malice! P30s are epic! I carry a standard but this L is just to good. The L just looks right! I just learned it has some kind of recoil weight on the spring it certainly is a smooth gun.

I know its shooting to the left 2 friends of mine shot it and it was left. I also benched it and it was shooting left. Its cutting a hole but to the left. My Father that can shoot golf balls at 100 yards shot it and it and it was left. He was calling it the P30 L for Left. LOL. Right after I shot the P30 I put 15 rounds through my CZ75B through the 10 ring at 15 yards and picked L back up and it was left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.