HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was placing the slide back on the frame, the slide locked up halfway back and now will only move about 1/4 inch in either direction.
I cannot remove the slide. Any help before I send it to HK?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Did you install the recoil spring assembly incorrectly?

Push down on the rear of the slide when mounting the slide on the frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my first thought.
The recoil spring assembly is assembled correctly, hook to hook, so to speak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a first for me. I have taken apart and reassembled guns for over 50 years.
It's a brand new gun. I think that something came loose inside and has it locked up.
I called HK and I'm sending it back to HK to let them look at it.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let us know the outcome please when you can. I've done that before but it wasn't locked up to the extent you're describing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The firing pin, drop safety roll pin was missing and had the slide jammed up. That's all I know.
There and back in three days. HK customer service is the best.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wait. They forgot to install the FP/FPB roll-pin and it passed QC?
We don't know the provinence of the OP's P30L-whether he was the original owner, for starters, and whether he or anyone else had previously detailed disassembled and then reassembled the gun.

I'd suggest not jumping to any hasty conclusions/assumptions in the absence of more detailed information from the OP. Regardless, kudos to HK's Customer Service.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
We don't know the provinence of the OP's P30L-whether he was the original owner, for starters, and whether he or anyone else had previously detailed disassembled and then reassembled the gun.

I'd suggest not jumping to any hasty conclusions/assumptions in the absence of more detailed information from the OP. Regardless, kudos to HK's Customer Service.

Best, Jon
Well, maybe. He did say it was a brand-new gun.

This is a first for me. I have taken apart and reassembled guns for over 50 years.
It's a brand new gun. I think that something came loose inside and has it locked up.
I called HK and I'm sending it back to HK to let them look at it.
Thanks for the replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts