HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a P30L and I love it.The ergonomics of the grip blow my USP's away.Here's my question and I swear I have searched with no luck------Who makes the sights for it?The speed with which I can pick up the sights just puts my USP meprolights to shame.Now granted they are luminous and not radioactive but I'm tempted to put some these sights on at least 1 or 2 of my USP's if I can find out who makes them.Thanks

Edited to add--Sorry,I didn't mean I wanted to put P30 sights on my USP but that I wanted that "type" of sight on my USP---if they were made for it.Thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
HK makes them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I believe HK does.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
There are sights called luminova sights from Ameriglo. I have heard those at HK call the stock sights from the P30 and the HK45 series "luminova". Thie leads me to believe that Ameriglo makes them or a very simular product, and after looking on their sight it looks like they are only made for Glocks, Smith, Sig and Springfield as after market sights. I'd call them up on Monday and see if there is anything they make for the USP. For HK they only show true night sights.

Ameriglo luminova sights as an example:

AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Complete Sets

Also there are stickers that can go over the current sights, never used them myself:
Nitesiters Handgun Night Sights

·
Registered
30 Posts
I do like the sights when they are charged but they are worthless when you first pull the pistol out of the nightstand or holster. I don't want to imagine a situation when I would need the gun "right now" in the dark and have to "activate" my night sights before I can defend myself. I may be on the prowl for some tritium sights soon.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I may be on the prowl for some tritium sights soon.
That would be my recommendation. If you're going to change sights go Tritium. Supposedly the only reason those sights exist is because in Germany Tritium is verboten because it's radioactive. It's the best they could offer considering. Since we have no such restriction i'd advise you to take full advantage of it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do like the sights when they are charged but they are worthless when you first pull the pistol out of the nightstand or holster. I don't want to imagine a situation when I would need the gun "right now" in the dark and have to "activate" my night sights before I can defend myself. I may be on the prowl for some tritium sights soon.
And that's my delimma.I like the love P30L sights because they are MUCH brighter than my 1 or 2 year old USP meprolights but they do have to be "charged".I may leave the meps on my carry weapon USP and try to find some luminova type to put on my other USP's.Thanks APOLLO11 for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
And that's my delimma.I like the love P30L sights because they are MUCH brighter than my 1 or 2 year old USP meprolights but they do have to be "charged".I may leave the meps on my carry weapon USP and try to find some luminova type to put on my other USP's.Thanks APOLLO11 for the heads up.
Hawk,

Very nice choice on the P30L. If you want a gun that rivals your 9mm Expert, get the Grayguns "Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package" done on that thing and forget that the 9mm Expert even exists. When you do forget that the Expert exists and starts collecting dust i'll take it off your hands :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts