HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm struggling with the LEM trigger on my P30L V2 and seem to be consistently shooting lower left (~ 8'oclock). It's been a difficult for me to adjust to heavier trigger pull of the v2.

Is the heavier trigger pull something most people get used to? Will it eventually make me a better shooter once I get accustomed to it since it seems to require better technique?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
How do you shoot LEM? It took me 200-300 rounds to get used to the V2 LEM at first, but much less with a V1 (Light) LEM.
Have you considered converting it to Light LEM? The trigger pull is much lighter (4.5 to 5.0 lbs as opposed to 7.5 lbs)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you shoot LEM? It took me 200-300 rounds to get used to the V2 LEM at first, but much less with a V1 (Light) LEM.
Have you considered converting it to Light LEM? The trigger pull is much lighter (4.5 to 5.0 lbs as opposed to 7.5 lbs)?
I pull the trigger up to the break point, verify I'm still on target and then slowly pull the trigger. I'm considering a conversion to the V1 since the trigger pull is what I'm more accustomed to.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Which spring do I replace to get a slightly lighter pull? There is one that is easy to replace. I have a V2 P2000 and I'd like to make it 1lb-1.5 lbs lighter without going all the way to the light LEM. I do not like the true light LEM for carry.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Which spring do I replace to get a slightly lighter pull? There is one that is easy to replace. I have a V2 P2000 and I'd like to make it 1lb-1.5 lbs lighter without going all the way to the light LEM. I do not like the true light LEM for carry.
You have 2 options: V4 or V-TGS (Todd Green Special). V4 will give you 6.6 lbs and V-TGS gets you 6.4 lbs.
For V4, you'll need the Light FPBS (209296) . For V-TGS, you'll need the V3 TRS (219441) and HS (214695).

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Please don't take the following as snide, it is not (but tone is tough to hear in the format of the interwebs):

I think it's a software issue, not a hardware issue. Some of the best advice I have ever heard to cure this is seeing the sights. Seeing the sights right at the point of the gun firing, not blinking and being able to call the shot will tell you what you are doing and allow you to correct it. Going light LEM is a viable option, as it makes your pull easier; but if you are dipping the gun for another reason, the lightest trigger won't cure what ales you.

Truly seeing the sights, is a hell of a lot harder than it sounds. However, it holds the answer of where the bullet is going to go and let's you solve your problem.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Please don't take the following as snide, it is not (but tone is tough to hear in the format of the interwebs):

I think it's a software issue, not a hardware issue. Some of the best advice I have ever heard to cure this is seeing the sights. Seeing the sights right at the point of the gun firing, not blinking and being able to call the shot will tell you what you are doing and allow you to correct it. Going light LEM is a viable option, as it makes your pull easier; but if you are dipping the gun for another reason, the lightest trigger won't cure what ales you.

Truly seeing the sights, is a hell of a lot harder than it sounds. However, it holds the answer of where the bullet is going to go and let's you solve your problem.
I've got to agree with this, and please don't take what I say as anything negative about your shooting. For all I know, you can shoot rings around me, but this sounds like a trigger control issue. I've got the V2 LEM on my P30. You should be able to put rounds where you are aiming with V2. That doesn't mean you might not like or shoot better with a lighter LEM version, but I don't think the weight of the trigger pull is the root of your issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The spring changes are pretty easy and reverse able. Also, I found that not staging the trigger - pull it straight through - can be very effective. You end up doing it that way at speed anyway .
I changed the springs in stages, and shoot about 3000 rounds, and when I got to the end, and light LEM. I was smiling with the smooth light trigger.
Your mileage may vary - good luck.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Have you measured the trigger pull on your P30L? Some of them run a lot heavier than the advertised 7.3 lbs (for example, mine is about 1 lb over).

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My P30L V2's trigger does feel heavier than my P30 V2. I am running the V2's for awhile to get used to my transition from the Glock and DA/SA HK'sto the LEM. I have a light LEM in my P30LS and my 2000SK, and HK45's. The P30 and P30L LEM's will be my primary pistols for the near future and I will be converting both to Todd Green specials. The LEM is a different animal and takes some dedicated practice. The key is solid practice with a consistent straight press to the rear. I usually work on bullseye targets these days to really stay on top of my mistakes. A good practice is to "punish" yourself immediately for any missed shots by unloading the pistol and doing 5 perfect dry presses after every miss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts