HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Crazy question, but I'm curious. I am looking to purchase a P30L V3 2 - 10 round magazine at my local gun shop for $699.99. I know the magazine size doesn't have any affect on the gun itself, but I did notice they have different model numbers. Just curious if there is any difference with the actual gun other than the magazine size, because the P30L with the 17 round magazine is priced like $300 more.... just for 2 larger magazines? The 17 round magazine actually fits in the compliant version. Sorry if this is a silly question, but that price difference is really throwing me off. I can always buy larger magazines, if that's the only difference. Thank you for any help here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. The gun shop actually told me the only difference was the magazine size and nothing with the gun it itself was different (and they recommended I purchase the 10 round version to save money). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being misinformed not knowing the difference in the model numbers. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well I am glad they were up front about that... But just FYI, they are overcharging for the 17-round model, not discounting the 10-round model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that is what they said. They said it is the same gun, but the smaller magazines throw people off. We put the 17 round magazines in the gun and they all fit. Looks like I will get the gun for a good price and I can always purchase the additional (larger) magazines later. Thank you very much for your help with this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Always good to have a couple of spare 10 rounders hanging around anyway. Like others have stated, there is no difference other than the magazine capacity. I'd just buy the 10 round capacity, and then would buy some extra 15 or 17 rounders...

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
No difference, just the gun shop playing games.
It's not the guns shops -- it's H&K. They have to break it out like that to support sales to commie states like CA and MD. If you look on the website, there are full and handicapped capacity models listed for every gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I actually made out really well. A P30L V3 17 round magazines was listed online and in stock right before I went back to the shop for $699.99 plus $30 shipping and transfer fee. My awesome gun shop reduced the P30L V3 with 17 round Mags down to $725. I am glad I went with the 17 round Mags, because that would have cost quite a bit extra to grab those. I am really happy. I love this gun. Thank you everyone for your help.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's not the guns shops -- it's H&K. They have to break it out like that to support sales to commie states like CA and MD. If you look on the website, there are full and handicapped capacity models listed for every gun.
I meant that the gun shop listing the 17-round gun for $300 more was playing games. Apparently they sold it for the same price though.

So, I actually made out really well. A P30L V3 17 round magazines was listed online and in stock right before I went back to the shop for $699.99 plus $30 shipping and transfer fee. My awesome gun shop reduced the P30L V3 with 17 round Mags down to $725. I am glad I went with the 17 round Mags, because that would have cost quite a bit extra to grab those. I am really happy. I love this gun. Thank you everyone for your help. View attachment 300543
Awesome, not a bad deal! You're gonna love it!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I meant that the gun shop listing the 17-round gun for $300 more was playing games. Apparently they sold it for the same price though.
Ah...gotcha! ;)

Reactions: RetropM

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
A bunch of P30L’s shipped into the country on August 5th - I saw one yesterday for $640, with standard sights and two 17 round mags.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts