HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apollo, will respond to PM a bit later. Just picked up my HK45C, back from Gray Guns also. :)

One thing to note in the video is stage9 in which some stoppages were encountered. It wasn't FTE or FTF, but rather that I was pinning the trigger back and then failing to get a positive reset when releasing slowly, so like a dead trigger. That was the last stage of day1, so that night I replicated the problem in that when letting the trigger out slow to reset, I could cause it to hang. If I let it out quickly, it would reset, but not smoothly. It would jump to the reset. What I noticed was that the trigger bar was moving inward (to the left if looking from the rear of the gun) and rubbing/hanging on trigger pack components somewhere inside (couldn't see too well). If I manually applied some outward force (keeping the trigger bar closer to the frame on the right if looking from the rear of the gun), the trigger bar would not hang and the reset would occur smoothly. For sake of time and being ready for day2 and day3 of the match, I did a little bending on the trigger bar so it would stay "outboard". Didn't have any problems for the rest of the match with it and reset occurs positively.
Reminded me of some discussion on this site about why people liked going to the TG spring setup instead of light LEM.....stronger reset.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just finished watching the video... Great job man!!! Now i noticed you were kind of reloading your shotgun like once but managed to put in like 7 shells?? Did i miss something here??

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
That was clean shooting. Some of those shotgun targets were rough.

I don't modify my triggers usually. I put a Factory match trigger in my USP, but that was factory. I might send a secondary or tertiary to Bill for some work, but it looks like the P series doesn't like being messed with. You were not the only one with that problem that I have seen so far.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now i noticed you were kind of reloading your shotgun like once but managed to put in like 7 shells?? Did i miss something here??
Which stage?
The rules allowed us to start with 9 in the gun, so depending on the stage breakdown, sometimes just shoot an array and then load another 4 or 6 in the gun. Trying to avoid totally emptying the gun so only have to feed the port, not drop one in the chamber at bolt lock.

it looks like the P series doesn't like being messed with. You were not the only one with that problem that I have seen so far.
I've got over 5k rounds through that gun and finally learning to shoot a pistol well enough to not suck. :)
Unfortunately I don't track dryfire cycles, so the number is definitely higher on the springs.
It hasn't given me any problems until recently and that is when I noticed the trigger bar thing, so not sure why that would show up or perhaps the TRS is getting weaker and thus dididn't encounter that before. I was waiting until the 10k mark to do some spring replacements, but the time might come earlier. Pistol ran flawlessly the rest of the weekend. It was actually at a pistol class a couple weeks earlier that I noticed the reset "jump" instead of being smooth, so I had taken the pistol apart to clean out all the gunk and relube the trigger components, so perhaps I unknowingly did something to the trigger bar then......

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cellphone video from a local 2gun match last weekend, sorry about the poor mic on it that hangs out with too much wind:
5.26.12 TXMG 2gun - YouTube

That was the first match since Dawson sights were installed. I'm pleased and happy to have made the switch after using factory 3dot sights for so long. The Dawson's edges are very crisp. Using .100 up front with red FO and black .135 rear notch.

Yes, one of the HK team guys is in the video too. ;)

I had the reset problem surface again at this match, so I tore down the gun, but didn't find any broken springs or such. Ordered replacement springs across the board anyway for the future, and a couple trigger rebound springs to try. In comparing it to my P30, the trigger bar on the P30L appears bent so it wobbles with the trigger pinned back and doesn't travel cleanly towards the rear as you reset the trigger. Definitely behaves differently than my P30, so I ordered a replacement trigger bar to try also.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the reset problem surface again at this match, so I tore down the gun, but didn't find any broken springs or such. Ordered replacement springs across the board anyway for the future, and a couple trigger rebound springs to try. In comparing it to my P30, the trigger bar on the P30L appears bent so it wobbles with the trigger pinned back and doesn't travel cleanly towards the rear as you reset the trigger. Definitely behaves differently than my P30, so I ordered a replacement trigger bar to try also.
Follow-up on this:
The new parts came in, so I swapped in the new trigger bar and the reset was a little better. However, using the same light trigger return spring I had in the gun, the reset would still stick some and then snap to the reset. It wasn't smooth in a repeatable manner IMO. Thus, I put in a new light trigger return spring to see if the original spring was underperforming. Nope, same result. Thus, I decided to try a heavy trigger return spring that originally came with the gun. The reset is much better now, as the gun went from a V1 light LEM setup to the TGS LEM spring combination. The reset is very consistent and positive now, not jerky/sticky that I was experiencing on the light LEM.

Interestingly, my P30 has light LEM and the reset is fine. Same with my HK45C which most have said has a better trigger overall anyway compared to the P30 series. The reset on my HK45C is VERY short and crisp after Gray Guns treatment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts