HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of I appreciate the feed back I got from this forum to help me narrow down my choices and where to purchase my HK. LAhilljack (Mike) got me setup with my p30LS, he absolutely 100% positively delivered on everything. Great to deal with, answered questions, and everything was as expected and painless. Now, comes the range experience. Well it was great to say the least. I took peoples suggestion and fired 124gr ammo. The problem was the only 124gr was 9mm Winchester Ranger ammo. My intentions were to fire American eagle/federal or fiocchi but there was none at the range I was at. So I bought 3 boxes of the winchester Ranger 124gr (NOT the P+). Everything went pretty well. I had some feed issues, it was because I hit the clip release button a few times and it started to fall out on me which resulted in a miss feed. I got used to that button as the night went on. After shooting 3 boxes of the 124gr I didn't really want to spend any more money but I had a box of 115gr Federal so I decided to give that a whirl. Well with 40 rounds I had 4 jams. Not sure if Jam is the proper word but the spent cases didn't eject properly. I was expecting that from what I read so I wasn't too concerned. Well I sure hope that these jamming issues is something I won't have to deal with very much in the future. I expect more from my HK.

On the lighter side. When i went to pickup my Gun my wife decided to go with me. She is not very gun friendly so i was very surprised that she decided to go. Nonetheless if she was going to embrace this I figured it wasn't a bad thing to take her with. When the guys behind the counter delivered my gun they were completely drooling and commenting how it’s a nice piece and got other customers all interested. My wife was all intrigued and later asks me what did you buy and why is everyone seem a bit jealous? I just told her it was fine German engineering and that it’s a higher end more pricey gun. She didn’t seem to mind.

Anyhow that's my first few days with my HK looking forward to many more.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
When I got mine she told me to buy more

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats budd! Solid pistol :)

·
Banned
188 Posts
^ Amen! I am very grateful that I live in this glorious state. Arizona just turned 100 on Valentine's Day!

Congrats on your purchase! Post pics ASAP! :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts