HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not bragged about getting a new HK lately. I saw this pistol at a LGS and just fell in love. I was not looking to add to my pistol collection but sometimes it just can't be helped. It shoots awesome like all HK's and P30's. I know you all will want to see pics and I'll work on getting those to ya. The grey is kick ass.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
it is next on my list. after my B&T acp45 :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,880 Posts
I have not bragged about getting a new HK lately. I saw this pistol at a LGS and just fell in love. I was not looking to add to my pistol collection but sometimes it just can't be helped. It shoots awesome like all HK's and P30's. I know you all will want to see pics and I'll work on getting those to ya. The grey is kick ass.
Do you mind posting some pics? Not many out there. I'm holding out for a gray P30L.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is next on my list. after my B&T acp45 :)
I had been debating on getting the grey VP9 but I'm really more of a P30 fan. Needless to say I couldn't resist

·
Registered
564 Posts
Congrats!! I really love mine - one of my favorite HK's. Here's a pic.

IMG_2140.JPG

Hopefully HK continues the trend and makes more colored P30-series pistols. I'd love to see an OD green, might even pick up another grey.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's a little washed out in that pic and looks lighter than it is, so here's a few more. I added an HK threaded barrel - really loving the look and it's awesome to shoot.

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

·
Registered
974 Posts
Man... I'm pretty glad these are safety only models for the time being... lol. Keeps me from buying one.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,880 Posts
Congrats!! I really love mine - one of my favorite HK's. Here's a pic.

View attachment 97818

Hopefully HK continues the trend and makes more colored P30-series pistols. I'd love to see an OD green, might even pick up another grey.
Nice Speedy there next to your P30 - great combo! That gray is definitly the new VP9 shade of gray not the old USP shade. Other colors would be awesome, but I'm hoping for a P30L otherwise I'll end up buying a P30 in gray and adding a P30L slide to it...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice Speedy there next to your P30 - great combo! That gray is definitly the new VP9 shade of gray not the old USP shade. Other colors would be awesome, but I'm hoping for a P30L otherwise I'll end up buying a P30 in gray and adding a P30L slide to it...

Thanks! Glad to see there are other Omega fans on the forum. I should take a picture of my grey USP 45 and this P30 to compare....I'll drag it out of the safe sometime soon.

I didn't realize you could put a P30L slide on a P30, I figured the dust cover would be too short and it would cause problems. Have you tried this?

·
Registered
564 Posts
The threaded barrel does look very good. I instantly order Trijicon HD's for mine and have them installed already.
Very nice. I ordered a Raptor holster from T-Rex Arms and Trijicon HD's are next on the list. Maybe I can file down the sharp edges on the rear sight on the HD's.....the sharp corners on the rear sight have put tons of small holes in several of my shirts from carrying. Aaaaannd I'll stop hijacking your thread now ;)`

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,880 Posts
Thanks! Glad to see there are other Omega fans on the forum. I should take a picture of my grey USP 45 and this P30 to compare....I'll drag it out of the safe sometime soon.

I didn't realize you could put a P30L slide on a P30, I figured the dust cover would be too short and it would cause problems. Have you tried this?
No, because that would require actually owning said pistols...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i love the threaded barrel, i have one for my p30, i like it, has that tacticool look!
I use mine, and i get a lot of compliments on it

·
Registered
161 Posts
So are they only doing the P30S " Safety Version " in Gray ?? That's all I haven seen available?? will they do a " LE " version ??

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,880 Posts
So are they only doing the P30S " Safety Version " in Gray ?? That's all I haven seen available?? will they do a " LE " version ??
@Sharky only the HK folks know the answer to that. We haven't seen any indication of what's coming next.

I agree with you @ARCTICDETH and others that the threaded barrel looks cool. The other advantage it has (besides the whole suppressor thing) is that it moves the muzzle blast 1/2 inch away from the frame which cuts down on the color frame getting discolored. This is a problem on my USPs where the muzzle blast tends to yellow the colored frames. Now all my USP colored frames (well, I only have 2) have the threaded barrels to keep muzzle heat away from the frame.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts