HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several threads regarding the removal of the manual safety on the p30s. I couldn't find a consensus on whether or not it was actually possible. Most of the threads were older. If anyone has some updated info I would really appreciate it. Here are my reasons: I shoot left handed and the safety gets in the way of my grip. At the range the other day, during timed speed reloads, I accidentally bumped the safety into safe mode and it killed my qualifying score. This was the fourth time I've had an afternoon of shooting and The first time that happened - never happened before. I cant imagine if this happened in a gun fight with a bad guy. I carry this weapon on duty and CCW. I could sell it and buy one without the safety but I don't want to take the financial loss. Otherwise I love the gun. Having just the right side safety removed would be ideal! Any gunsmiths out there have any advice? Or can HK do the job for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's possible but not without filing down the post? That wouldn't be a big deal, I'm not concerned about ever selling it :)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Modifying a gun is the only way to make it yours. ...well there's the biblical way but we don't want to go there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modifying a gun is the only way to make it yours. ...well there's the biblical way but we don't want to go there.
I'm a bible thumper so that's not a problem :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking for some answers if anyone has some...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts