HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just saw a video posted on YouTube of the P30 (not the S like the title says) and trigger control. When the firearm is in SA mode, I was very surprised to see so much trigger slack. It looked like a LEM trigger pull with the added safety lever.

Can someone explain the advantage of this trigger slack in SA (with the safety lever)?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
No advantage. It isn't a 1911...you can't expect there to be no take up. GT may come along soon. He can offer solid insight to the differences of the P30 and P30S as he has a few of each.

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
All DA/SA pistols have slack, it's the nature of the design. You get used to the uptake and re-uptake after you run the gun for awhile. The Glock and M&P also has slack, but not as much as the 'P' Series, but primarily to the DA/SA design. The only platform that doesn't have slack is of course, your SAO designs, namely the 1911. Looking for a perfect trigger, get a 1911 or Browning and be prepared to spend the $$.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I just saw a video posted on YouTube of the P30S and trigger control. When the firearm is in SA mode, I was very surprised to see so much trigger slack. It looked like a LEM trigger pull with the added safety lever.

Can someone explain the advantage of this trigger slack in SA (with the safety lever)?
Also, having not see the video, is it possible that the pistol in the video was a P30LS? That model is in fact an LEM with a safety and would explain what you were seeing.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
There is no such thing as a HK SAO (not including the P7 cause it is its own animal). Custom shops can make a SAO but it's still not going to be a 1911 trigger.

·
Registered
514 Posts
sure hope he doesn't expect the bad guy to wait while he slowly and carefully pulls the trigger back...LOL... folks just don't train right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is certainly is not a 1911 SAO trigger, however, for me it's as close as it gets. I have the HKP7M8, HKP2000sk w/LEM trigger and sold my P30 w/DA, SA. Replaced it with this one because I wanted the different trigger options it offered. Guess, I am used to the trigger because the long trigger(if you think it is) is not preceived by me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts