HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum. I purchased a P30S v3 .40 cal last week. I took it to the range and shot 200 rounds thru the gun without any problems. I just want to say this gun has exceeded my expectations in everyway. I was considering a Sig 229, kimber, and the P30. I spent several hundred dollars renting Sigs and Kimbers, but never had the opportunity
to shoot the P30. I decided to purchase the P30 based on this website and i'm glad I did. I'm sending out a thank you to all of you on this forum that wrote honest comments about the P30.

Safe shooting to all,

Nick

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Thanks for the follow up Nick and welcome to the HKpro family. Your P30 will serve you well for years to come and will most likely serve as the cornerstone to your inevitable HK family. Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That was my first HK too. P30 V3 .40 cal. Two weeks later I bought the same in 9mm. Love to shoot them both, The .40 is snappy and the 9 is a very soft shooter. Both are very accurate, Practice practice practice. Buy more ammo. Practice more. but more mags and more ammo. Then buy more HK's. Oh yea, you will own more than one and always thinking about the third and the fourth. Next for me is the MR556, then a compact and a P30 longslide. Oh, and I'm gonna have to win the lottery or something because this is getting expensive. As you can tell, I have already started drinking the HK ade early today.

Welcome Nick and train hard!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum. I purchased a P30S v3 .40 cal last week. I took it to the range and put 200 rounds the gun without any problems. I just want to say this gun has exceeded my expectations in everyway. I was considering a Sig 229, kimber, and the P30. I sent several hundred dollars renting Sigs and Kimbers, but never had the opportunity
to shoot the P30. I decided to purchase the P30 based on this website and i'm glad I did. I'm sending out a thank you to all of you on this forum that wrote honest comments about the P30.

Safe shooting to all,

Nick

I love my P30 40s. You made a great purchase Enjoy your HK

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 1st H&K was also the P30 V3 in 9mm though, it's my favorite gun in my stable and my carry, I already put aside an HK 45c V1 at my dealer and right after that comes the HK P2000sk..
You Made a wise choice Grasshopper! Enjoy!! :38:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Have to second the P30 as a great weapon. Mine is a V1 LS, but the comfort and workings are simply amazing, you really do have to shoot one to appreciate what good engineering is. I was at the range this morning, next door to 3 "youngsters" who were shooting a new polymer Taurus in .40 S&W, and having trouble hitting the target. The range master is a very decent guy and spent a bit of time with them on grip, follow-through & sight picture. They did a bit better after that, so I lent them my .22 to practice with for a few magazines. I went over basics with them again on grip, arms & sight picture.

Once they were hitting properly, I asked them if they wanted to try the P30L, told them it was "just like the 40 they were shooting." They all shot it better than with their own weapon, liked the trigger (I shot theirs, and was appalled with the long, creepy, heavy trigger pull) and wanted to know more about the HK. Each of them was smiling as I got the gun back, because their shooting was much better than 1/2 hour earlier. I told them a little about HK, and they will certainly be looking into a different type of pistol now. They couldn't believe the factory trigger, compared to what they were shooting. Oh, by the way, the Blazer 180 grain ball ammo I shoot for targets is on sale now at Bulkammo.com and is going for $285/1000 rounds ($14.25/box plus shipping, brass cased). This is great stuff for practice, boxer primed, clean & the HK likes it without any misfires, jams or feed issues. It is also very accurate for general target work.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but it is so much fun to let someone shoot a P30 and see an instant improvement in their groups. Again, congrats on the choice of the P30 as your self-defense weapon. Now, get back to the range and do some serious practice! Try a box of the Blazer brass cased 180 FMJ and see how you like it.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Great choice to start with Nick, that is a perfect all around gun.
Now you just need to add to your collection......
My suggestion would be a HK45 or HK45c as your next one, if you love how the P30 in .40 S&W shoots, then the HK45 series will be a real treat.
And then of course a P30 in 9mm and so on etc.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome Nick!

Now you are making me wish I purchased a P30 instead!

Enjoy your stay here - It's a great community here. I've definitely have learned a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I shot the HK45c i'm afraid i'm hooked. It will be my second Hk purchase in a month. P30 .40, soon HK45c, what next? I'm looking for a gun that will fit in my pocket. All thoughts are welcomed

Nick

·
Registered
387 Posts
Why, that's a simple one. Try a P2000sk in .40 S&W. Not a pocket pistol, but IWBA carry would be a good way to go. I'm not big on pocket pistols & the sk is a great weapon to shoot & carry, incredibly accurate as well. Just my $.02 worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.