HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this great gun that I just love to shoot. I wanted to put a gun light on it so I found this XL5 that Viridian makes. Anyway how tight should this be on the gun if its too tight can it make the gun shoot off. any info....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have one of these on my P30 LEM. It's great - as you can see, it has two screws and three screw holes, they fit into the front two holes on the P30 rail. I tightened them down pretty good, tight plus a half turn or something close. As its plastic you don't want to over tighten it. The actual fit on the rail without screws is quite tight, so I don't think you'll have an issue - give them a quick look before and after a good range session, but I've shot probably 600 RDS with it on, and they haven't come loose at all. The lens did come unscrewed a bit within the first 25 rounds and the light / laser shut off, but it probaby wasn't too tight to begin with, as after figuring out what the issue was, it hasn't loosened up since.

As the laser is offset from the bore both laterally and vertically, pick your zero range and realize you'll get higher hits in close and lower hits further out. I zeroed at 15m and the dot is pretty much on from 5-25, give or take an inch or so. At contact to 5, the laser is noticeably low compare to POI & Iron sight picture, but that's to be expected.

My only gripe is the easy access to only a single light/laser combo (aka, you program it for either light, laser, or both, with the laser either steady or pulsing and the light steady or strobing). It isn't hard to switch them really, but would be nice to have a least two modes easily available while operating the pistol (aka, two operational buttons, one for both light & laser, one for just laser).

But I just set it on steady light and pulsing laser and figure I, good at night and daytime the light won't really matter.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and pic guess you don't have a pic of the other side.... I just need to get back in the range and work with it again. I just hope it's not the laser moving on me I had it just right I thought at about 15 feet..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

P30s v3 x5l gen2

Great combo, and i've had no issues at all. You just have to understand the laser isnt deadline with bore and bullets dont fly straight. So if your laser is poa/poi at 25ft, then at 10ft the laser is gonna be low and right. At 50ft the laser will be high left. My results at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts