HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have a P30 that I like very much and carry from time to time. Mine has the safety affixed. Question is, can that safety be removed? The width of the safety I find a little intrusive. And while I'm aware I could just trade it in for one without the safety, I've had mine since new and know how it's been maintained.

Thanks, all!

Rakete

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I am pretty sure it can't be removed, if I remember reading another post like this correctly. Someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and answer. If you don't mind my asking, how does the safety bother you, just when carrying?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I know I read that it can't be added so I assume the reverse is also true.
You can't go from LEM to DA/SA because the frame is not cut for it; the reverse is not an issue.

Until TooSixy gets here, I'll say it appears that only the hammer axle (and maybe the control lever?) would need to be replaced to have a DA/SA without a safety lever.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The safety lever cannot be added or removed from an S model. But if you a Dremel kinda guy, anything is possible. LOL

The safety lever serves as the hammer axle in the P30 series and there are other frame cut-outs on the S model that would make your S (with safety lever removed) look like a Frankengun even if you can Dremel the frame to fit the non-S hammer axle on yours. See the pic below for the left side of the frame. Those cut-outs will be exposed when the safety lever is removed. The notch on the frame's right side (where the hammer axle would go) would have to be modified to accept the non-S hammer axle.

Your safest (and easiest) solution is to sell or trade it for a non-S model.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am pretty sure it can't be removed, if I remember reading another post like this correctly. Someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and answer. If you don't mind my asking, how does the safety bother you, just when carrying?
Hi JonFrost - the safety interferes with how I hold the gun. It's small, but I find it annoying - especially after comparing with my VP9 which has no protrusion. Can I get by it, I guess maybe, but its just a bit of an annoyance.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, TooSixy. Not looking to make the Frankengun. I like to keep my weapons as pristine as possible - given that they do get used. Appreciate the insights.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Hi JonFrost - the safety interferes with how I hold the gun. It's small, but I find it annoying - especially after comparing with my VP9 which has no protrusion. Can I get by it, I guess maybe, but its just a bit of an annoyance.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

You know I don't like the safety on my p30L when I hold it, either. However, when I shoot it I don't even notice it. Strange. Someday I need to get a LEM model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts