HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been conceal carrying my HK P30SK in a Versacarrier OWB holster and I have to say...it's extremely comfortable and I hardly notice it. I'm using a quality conceal carry belt, so that helps (don't me ask me what brand it is, for I don't remember). I'm using VP9 full size magazines in it with the x-grip adapters, so I get 16+1. I'm wearing, usually, long untucked shirts. The magazine feels comfortable. And I'm carrying a spare magazine in my back pocket, for a total of 33 round of Federal HST JHPs on board. The versacarrier is inexpensive as mags go, but extremely comfortable and fits very snugly up against my body. Reholstering is a bit of a chore, but with a conceal carrier holster, that's not the number one priority. I'm carrying in a 4:00 position. I feel pretty good with the safety and feel a bit more secure with it on safe with one in the chamber. I do like the hammer fired handguns because I can make sure the hammer is down and not moving with my thumb when I reholster. Just my preference after a LOT of experience with striker fired handguns.

I'll be giving one of my USP 9 Compacts a go here in a few weeks, but for now the P30SK is really performing nicely as a conceal carry weapon, and is comfortable.

I'll update this thread as I go along.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Thanks for the report, I carry a P30SK and a USP .45 Compact alternately, USP .45 FS in winter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you for the report. I am waiting to see how the VP9SK feels like when HK releases it and compare with the P30SK to make my decision.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I carry my P30sk, V1 LEM in a Crossbreed Super Tuck or a Comptac infidel with belt loops. It is very comfortable and easy to conceal. You P30 owners already know how it feels, if you haven't held one DONT unless your ready to spend money! My favorite EDC H&K, thus far!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Another P30sk aficionado here, v1 LEM. I'm currently using a AIWB setup which I love, plus a Snag Mag in the off-side pocket. In my opinion, the P30sk is the ideal concealed carry pistol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a +2 mag extension on my P30SK. Depending on the weather or what I'm in the mood for, I'll carry small of the back (Dara Holster) or appendix (Garrett Industries). Both are very quality holsters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too carry a V3 P30SK with a safety. Currently in a Desantis mini scabbard OWB. I wore out a sof-tuk also from Desantis. Both kind of cheap but they do the job. On order is a Crusier from Wright leather works. Should get in May sometime. Either way you can barely notice the weight. Standard 10 round mags. Safety off and hammer de-cocked is how I carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts