HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Local dealer has a used P30SK V3 (w. safety) 9mm for $599.99. I'm more interested in the P2000SK V3, as CDNN has them for $549.99 + 20.00 shipping. After talking to the manager of the store, he says he'll knock $75.00 off the P30SK - bringing it to $525 + tax and $6.00 background check. Total out the door is $573.00 - including original box, all side panels and backstraps, two magazines, govt. reqd. safety lock (not that I care about that), paperwork, etc... Here's the kicker - the "used" P30SK is effectively brand spankin' new. I inspected it top to bottom and there's absolutely no wear on it - it doesn't even look like the original owner shot it. The manager says he took a trade in on it a couple of months back. Apparently, the original owner was a woman who wanted it to use as a "ranch" pistol when she's out and about on her property. The P30Sk just didn't work for her. So, the dilemma is, do I get the new P2000SK from CDNN or the used (but like new) P30SK for slightly less money (when including the transfer/background check)? I kind of prefer the P2000SK, and certainly don't need a safety on a V3 P30SK (I carry chambered and de-cocked). However, this deal just seems too hard to pass up.

Any input from any P2000/P30 owners is welcome.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you want the P 2000 SK, then buy it. The subcompact P30 is a great alternative, but you have indicated a preference.

I'd go with that instinct every time, rather than worry about saving a few dollars. If it turns out you don't really want the P30Sk, you're not going to get your money back, anymore than the original owner did.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Deals only become a deal when you get what you want? I own both the p2000sk and p30sk. The p30sk is my pick.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love the p30/p30sk. But I really prefer the grip style (vs the p2000 or USP) - I know some hate the grooves but I love them hah

I think everyone is right, at the end of the day it's the one that makes you the happiest in your hand (vs the deal.)

I have the v3 but im a newer shooter and like the option of flicking a safety on. Although the more comfy I've gotten the more I've carried with a round chambered and decocked.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback! I'm still leaning towards the P2000SK, but it's a hard choice.

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
for what it is worth, I love my P30SKs. I've only ever shot the P2000SK chambered in .357sig, and I did not enjoy it at all, so I can't speak to how the 9mm version shoots. I suspect the .40sw chambering shoots pretty similar to the .357sig?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cheapest i fount on a P30Sk was 624.95 So i would buy it for 525.00 without a doubt used or not. I had bought a used HK 45C for 699.00 it was a raffle gun and the owner traded it so it was considered used. no big deal to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just pulled it up and CDNN has the P30SK V3 with safety (same model as the used one) on sale for $539.99 + shipping + transfer/background check. Totals out to $585.00 with a transfer to my LGC for a new pistol. Decisions decisions, but have to say still leaning towards the P2000SK. A friend of mine has a LEM P2000SK in 9mm. I think I need to borrow his and take it to the range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts