HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello HK Friends. Long time admirer, recently a new owner of HK products.

Among those products is a p30sk. However, I keep hearing/reading things about the p30sk not being up to HK quality. Same goes for the VP9 (beside the whole MAC/Mud test drama) In the end I'm happy with the choice I made, but I'd like some honest criticisms about it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I had a P30Sk. The only reason I traded it was I wanted the longer grip of the P30. It was accurate and the fit and finish was top quality. Where are you hearing/reading bad thing about HK?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Various youtube channels, random things I've read online. I think The Yankee Marshal did a video saying it wasn't up to standards (could be thinking of another youtuber)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello HK Friends. Long time admirer, recently a new owner of HK products.

Among those products is a p30sk. However, I keep hearing/reading things about the p30sk not being up to HK quality. Same goes for the VP9 (beside the whole MAC/Mud test drama) In the end I'm happy with the choice I made, but I'd like some honest criticisms about it.
My problem with the P30 and P30SK is no matter how I hold it the trigger pinches my finger either at the trigger guard or under the frame. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with the gun, just my finger.

·
Premium Member
3,469 Posts
I have a P30 and a P30SK, both HK quality, fit and finish. I too research with YouTube, but it sounds like you have it in hand? Shoot it, and report back if you find that YOU have an issue with it. For me, trigger is 'meh'. I did a SRT LEM 4.1 on my P30 v3, and the P30 v3 is next.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had many handguns over the years and worked in a gun shop. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any other. As far as I'm concerned, it's just perfect. You can always find somebody that will have different opinions, but you have to decide for yourself if it's right for you.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hmmm, this is news to me. My P30sk V1 is up to the standards of my other HK's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast.

I wouldn't worry about what others think, just enjoy those fine hand guns.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think The Yankee Marshal did a video saying it wasn't up to standards (could be thinking of another youtuber)
He said this about the VP9, not the P30sk. And if you watched the entire video, you'd laugh at the reasons he states for feeling this way. Not to mention the fact that he states he only had about 50 rounds fired through the VP9 at the time of the review (I believe the firearm he tested was a loaner from a friend or something along those lines).

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
This is what I thought I remembered too. Not a big fan of his anyhow.

He said this about the VP9, not the P30sk. And if you watched the entire video, you'd laugh at the reasons he states for feeling this way. Not to mention the fact that he states he only had about 50 rounds fired through the VP9 at the time of the review (I believe the firearm he tested was a loaner from a friend or something along those lines).

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a P30 and a P30SK, both HK quality, fit and finish. I too research with YouTube, but it sounds like you have it in hand? Shoot it, and report back if you find that YOU have an issue with it. For me, trigger is 'meh'. I did a SRT LEM 4.1 on my P30 v3, and the P30 v3 is next.
Oooh Whats this SRT 4.1 you speak of?

·
Premium Member
3,469 Posts
Oooh Whats this SRT 4.1 you speak of?
Lots of info on LEM v4.1, the SRT is Short Reset Trigger. I had Bill Springfield do his SRT mod to mine, but Rick Holm does one as well.

As best I could with calipers, I measured up against the over travel screw while letting trigger out. On average I got ~.17" of reset.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oh ok you had Bill Springfield do some work I thought that you were referring to a factory SRT that I did not know about.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I carry my p30sk v1 LEM, it hasn't let me down or has had any issues. I did have to get a mag extension for better grip. There is a ton of misinformation out there, I don't see much difference in quality between my sk to full size or Long slide versions.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Lots of info on LEM v4.1, the SRT is Short Reset Trigger. I had Bill Springfield do his SRT mod to mine, but Rick Holm does one as well.

As best I could with calipers, I measured up against the over travel screw while letting trigger out. On average I got ~.17" of reset.
how long did Bill take to complete your trigger mods?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome Jholden. I am owner of a P30SK (and just about every other HK handgun at one time or another). In my opinion, the only part of the SK that was not up to HK's normal incredibly high standards was the recoil spring, which you can read about in the link below. IMO, HK cut a corner by not using a retaining clip on this assembly. That said, anyone who had this issue only had to call and report it to HK customer service and was quickly sent a replacement. Otherwise, you can rest assured that the P30SK is every bit the top of the line product you get from HK.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/236305-hk-p30sk-recoil-spring.html

1 - 20 of 59 Posts