HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Carry my P30sk almost everyday. No problems, great LEM trigger, perfect for carry.

Use a highly modified VP9 in IDPA ( ESP ) and have been doing really good with it, even beat a few of the super fast tactical Timmy's that show up once in awhile.

More than a few people have asked what gun I am using and I am proud to say a VP9, it's a great gun for IDPA games.

Jordan
what mods did you do to your VP9?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'll add to the pile-on: my wife and I *really* like our P30SKS's. Fit/finish every bit as good as the rest of the several P30/USPs in the collection.

The recoil spring issue is trivial to me -- while cleaning her SK this past Sunday the end of the spring popped off, and I automatically stood the RSA on end and pulled the spring down to bring the spring end back under the rod flange, in about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
102 Posts
what mods did you do to your VP9?
Lobos trigger
dawson fiber optic sights
krytex dragon stipple pattern on large backstrap and side panels
stainless steel non captive guide rod with a sig sauer p220 14lb recoil spring
Taylor freelance beta plastic 3d printed mag well with three +0 base plates for mags.

Thinking of adding a HK ultra match sear spring while leaving the stock TRS in place. The recoil spring set up and the beta mag well (cheap) really make a difference IMO

It is a gamer gun beyond doubt and not used for carry. I carry a normal off the shelf VP9 LE model with absolutely no mods.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
just off the phone with HK usa. was told specifically " Germany said, it is un-captive recoil spring assembly" uber reliable, no issues reported, p2000 RSA is the same, but should probably use the one that came with your p30sk, but if ned, p2000 one can be used as a backup for short period of time.

whew, thought i was going to have to spend more money. should b here today, getting giddy. to ghet em home, detail clean, fresh oil, and yes, you guessed it, back in the neon green speedo, moving about the home like Chuck Norris in code of silence.

·
Registered
332 Posts
damn, i had better return my two i just bought for the wife and I , because some jamoke on the internet says they are poor firearms.

he must have a lot of pull, if some goofball says something is not good before you even shoot/practice with it.

I have watched a lot of stuff on all kinds of guns, do these idiots sway me in my decision, nope!! I buy what I like.

all these reviews are pointless if you want to know the truth. I always keep my HD firearm in a bucket of Southern Georgia red dirt/sand next to my bed, just n case.
I keep my Sig P227 in a vat of old rusty car parts/and nice Canadian topsoil.

do we go out roll in the mud, and hope we get attacked by hoodlums, i know I do.

take all these guys with a grain of salt, unless your getting deployed and are spcl fcs, and allowed to have your own weapons. don't worry, buy it, if you don't like it, or if it isn't what your looking for, you will get %85-90 of your money back anyway. buy another one. go to the range, and rent as many as you can.

Hell, my wife and I must have rented over 30 handguns in a 5-6 month period, before settling on her P227 Tacops, and she loves it, and shoots it well, as do I.
I know she will like the P30sks's I've purchased for us, it will take a few trips to the range to get her accustomed to the new trigger system, after 1000 rds, and some oiling every 250 rds on the trigger/spring, area, they smooth out fine. I recommend Archoil on the trigger mechanism every 200 rds, for the first 1000, this is just my thing i do. don't do it if you don't want to, yes i wipe it clean of drips. It seems to help in the trigger smoothing out area.

back on topic, Ive shot the p30 and p30L, both are extremely amazing pieces of art, reliable, and visually very appealing. nice options, muzz flip not too bad for a short slide.
If these p30sks's are anything like the P30's I've handled, i KNOW, all is well, and i have my trusted sidearm, which i can put my life in trust.

@ARCTICDETH, i agree 100% ! DO YOUR OWN F-ING HOMEWORK !

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Lobos trigger
dawson fiber optic sights
krytex dragon stipple pattern on large backstrap and side panels
stainless steel non captive guide rod with a sig sauer p220 14lb recoil spring
Taylor freelance beta plastic 3d printed mag well with three +0 base plates for mags.

Thinking of adding a HK ultra match sear spring while leaving the stock TRS in place. The recoil spring set up and the beta mag well (cheap) really make a difference IMO

It is a gamer gun beyond doubt and not used for carry. I carry a normal off the shelf VP9 LE model with absolutely no mods.

Jordan
nice!
where did you order the guide rod/spring from and how did you know which one to use?

thanks in advance

aloha

steve

·
Registered
102 Posts
nice!
where did you order the guide rod/spring from and how did you know which one to use?

thanks in advance

aloha

steve

I will PM you, I don't want to derail the tread anymore.

Jordan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seeing that I have the fat flange on my BG I'm golden. I've been using the LEM since about 2008 on all my previous USPs and Compacts this little pistol is a treat. What is hurting me is this rather a short sight radius

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea sootch is actually a pretty knowledgeable reviewer, very approachable.
Enjoy it while you can, hear youtube's taking down content like that. For the children, or something like that.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
if you hear it on the internet, it must be true.

the P30 line of pistols are mega ! not a single worry on reliability from me, never had anything go wrong what so ever. They are great, as is the p30SK, a superb firearm.
have no fear, and dont believe all the tripe you read on the internet.

my only mistake is buying the da/sa instead of the lem. but i am used to the da/sa and would not go back now. the da/sa is very, very smooth now that i have a ton of rounds through her.

i was nervous about the vp mud/sand tests as well,i had my doubts, and still do, but i wont be going on any beach invasions in foreign countries, or crawling prone through dense jungles in bolivia, or drug czar snatch & grab in peru in the monsoon /mud season. how often do you go on over the beach missions? Do you dip your pistol in baby crap mud? jam sand into then internals, just to see?
in a real world scenario, i would not worry, unless a robber breaks in your home, and dumps a few 5 gal buckets of sand on you, and your nightstand vp9 before you wake up, i think you will be ok.

relax, shoot, enjoy. its a firearm/tool.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The P30SK was my first HK, so nothing to compare it with. But I certainly had no complaints.

That did change a week later when I bought a VP9SK.
I'm 70, and have arthritis in my thumbs. Makes it hard to pinch the slide for racking.
The VP9SK has "charging supports", I call them "racking wings".
They give me something to grip while racking, and I fell in love with them.

It's an unfair comparison, since only the VP9 has them. And I may be the only guy on the forum that really relies on them.
It's also unfair because none of my other brands of pistol have them either.
But, if HK does add them to the P30SK, I'll trade up.

I hope everybody caught my "tongue in cheek". I wasn't bashing the P30SK, just praising the VP9SK. :25:

·
Registered
47 Posts
That whole VP9 review was a joke. I have had my VP9 for awhile now, and have had no issues at all. Granted, if you took a top end 1911 and did what ****head did to the VP9, worse would have happened, and that gun made it through WWII.

That being said, glockboys will glockboys.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That whole VP9 review was a joke. I have had my VP9 for awhile now, and have had no issues at all.

+1

no issues here either..., extremely soft shooting.

am looking into that slide cap for the back of the slide to get rid of the hole. but at 30$ for a little piece of metal seems a bit (quite) over priced.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Where do you hear/read these things?
Probably from Glock people

Still have my P30SK V1 with 3000 rounds through it. Got a Fobus OWB holster for it too. Never a problem or worry.

·
Registered
702 Posts
HK has been a combat firearm manufacture longer than most here have been alive. To my knowledge, they dont use the general public as a Beta tester. As they are constantly running after Gov. contracts.
The biggest bitch we have, is how long it takes them to bring products for the civi market, here CONUS. IMO, with the release of the VP series and the variants of it shortly after. They have come to understand, the US civilian market is how they will keep the doors open.
I bought 2 VP9's in the first batch. Put about 2k rounds through one of them and within 6 months, sold them both. I prefer the P series, with ownership of P30/L in 9mm and P2000 in 9mm and 357, as well as a P2sk in 9mm.
Any time people want to run down or bad mouth a P30. I point them in the direction of the late Todd Greene...95k rounds in 11 months. They can put their toys where the sun dont shine. The P30sk has it lineages, steeped in its big brothers and anyone denying it is a fanboy of another brand or being paid to say so.
I recently sat in on a local CCW/Defensive pistol class. You get your CCW and 12 hours of defensive pistol training for 350.00+ the cost of 250 rounds of ammo.
One of the women had a P30sk in 9mm that she ran the piss out of and put a smile on a few on the instructors faces that are 100% Glock fanboys.

Rest assured, if you are buying a P30, of any flavor. You are getting a top shelf firearm. Same goes foe the rest of the HK lineup, eventhough I am not a fan of the VP9. It is an outstanding firearm, just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
HK has been a combat firearm manufacture longer than most here have been alive. To my knowledge, they dont use the general public as a Beta tester. As they are constantly running after Gov. contracts.
The biggest bitch we have, is how long it takes them to bring products for the civi market, here CONUS. IMO, with the release of the VP series and the variants of it shortly after. They have come to understand, the US civilian market is how they will keep the doors open.
I bought 2 VP9's in the first batch. Put about 2k rounds through one of them and within 6 months, sold them both. I prefer the P series, with ownership of P30/L in 9mm and P2000 in 9mm and 357, as well as a P2sk in 9mm.
Any time people want to run down or bad mouth a P30. I point them in the direction of the late Todd Greene...95k rounds in 11 months. They can put their toys where the sun dont shine. The P30sk has it lineages, steeped in its big brothers and anyone denying it is a fanboy of another brand or being paid to say so.
I recently sat in on a local CCW/Defensive pistol class. You get your CCW and 12 hours of defensive pistol training for 350.00+ the cost of 250 rounds of ammo.
One of the women had a P30sk in 9mm that she ran the piss out of and put a smile on a few on the instructors faces that are 100% Glock fanboys.

Rest assured, if you are buying a P30, of any flavor. You are getting a top shelf firearm. Same goes foe the rest of the HK lineup, eventhough I am not a fan of the VP9. It is an outstanding firearm, just not my cup of tea.

agree, i still have a vp9 in grey, and do like it quite a bit. Also, i prefer the p30 and USP lines much more. i like the hammer fired.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I shot someone else's P30 and USP side by side (full size, not compact). P30 - easier to handle grip wise, hated the trigger. USP - grip felt like 2x4, loved the trigger (though DA was a bit tough since the trigger was heavier, even further forward, and I was already holding a 2x4 in my tiny, non-Teutonic hands.). The P30 trigger was easier to reach but didn't seem as smooth or break as clean. Both had good sights and controls, although I can't thumb that paddle mag release since I lack monkey thumbs and am not a 7' tall descendant of Sigurd.

Both of them subjectively seem bulky to me, though when you compare dimension numbers they aren't really much different from most of the other service pistols out there.

Wish I could remember more details on the P30 trigger as I know that isn't much to go on; but it has been awhile

41 - 59 of 59 Posts