HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in how folks handicap how long until the VP9SK. Wait or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well....I have a P30sk LEM 4.1 and recently sold my VP9. I carry the little P30 in appendix position, and at this time I have zero interest in the SK version of the VP if/when it comes out. There are times I prefer the 'comfort' of a hammer gun, whether the added perceived safety is real or not. I'm sure you'd be thrilled with either.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Interested in how folks handicap how long until the VP9SK. Wait or not?
Well, which would you prefer?

If the VP9SK, I'd wait until SHOT Show in January to see whether the rumors of its release are true. If it's not released then, then who knows when/if it will appear.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, which would you prefer?

If the VP9SK, I'd wait until SHOT Show in January to see whether the rumors of its release are true. If it's not released then, then who knows when/if it will appear.
Even if announced at Shot probably wouldn't see it for a while.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Might as well get and shoot a p30sk now, if and when a vp9sk shows up get it later, you can find great deals on LE sk, try some of our vendors, you can probably sell it for about what you paid if you like the VP later.

I assume you are carrying another smallish gun now, if not, CV definitely don't wait, better to carry pretty much anything (that is safe) than nothing waiting for the perfect new shiny model.

Shockwave, carrying p30sk light lem at this very moment!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
P30SK LEM for me too. Love having a hammer on my CCW pistol.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I prefer hammer fired over striker fired for CC. It just takes a little practice to draw and holster with the thumb over the hammer. GO BUY THE P30SK LEM! Spend the extra $$$ to get it with the factory equipped night sights.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Is that an extended magazine? Where did you buy it? Thanks

I bought that at HKParts.net with the flat base plate already installed, 13 round 9MM for USP-C/P2000.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/USP-Compact-9mm-13-Round-Magazine-Flat-Floor-Plate-50p2243.htm

I bought from HKParts.net two separate times and that magazine works perfect with the P2000SK X-Grip adapter without any modification. I bought a P2000 13 round magazine from another supplier that did NOT work well so I can only recommend the one from HKPerts.net or one just like it. The magazine from HKParts.net came in a sealed factory HK wrapper with the words Restricted Law Enforcement on the side. The magazine that did NOT work well only had "Made in Germany" on the side and did NOT come in factory HK wrapper. There must be a very slight difference between the two because the problem magazine would not seat good enough to stay in place when firing with the P2000SK X-Grip adapter though the "Law Enforcement" one worked perfectly.

Here are a couple pictures of what I got from HKParts.net. This is the 9MM 13 round flat base plate magazine that works perfect in my P30SK with the unmodified P2000SK X-Grip adapter. They look to be Clinton AWB era magazine. I wonder what new 9MM P2000/USP-C ship with??

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I prefer hammer fired over striker fired for CC. It just takes a little practice to draw and holster with the thumb over the hammer. GO BUY THE P30SK LEM! Spend the extra $$$ to get it with the factory equipped night sights.
That's what I just did. Thansk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The vp9 is a fine gun, but I think the p30 sk v3 I have is just an awesome EDC, mine is the LE version , DA/SA three magazines and night sights, I like this version, and when there is time, thumming the hammer back for that first shot is fast and easy for me to do, being a lefty this guns works well in both my hands, the controls on the p30 sk are well placed for most hands and work with ease,my VP9 is also an LE version, night sights and three mags, but as much as I like the VP9 , the p30 sk just fits my needs for a EDC much better, if HK comes out with a compact version, I'll be sure to give it a good look, but doubt that I will be giving up my p30 sk any time soon...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought that at HKParts.net with the flat base plate already installed, 13 round 9MM for USP-C/P2000.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/USP-Compact-9mm-13-Round-Magazine-Flat-Floor-Plate-50p2243.htm

I bought from HKParts.net two separate times and that magazine works perfect with the P2000SK X-Grip adapter without any modification. I bought a P2000 13 round magazine from another supplier that did NOT work well so I can only recommend the one from HKPerts.net or one just like it. The magazine from HKParts.net came in a sealed factory HK wrapper with the words Restricted Law Enforcement on the side. The magazine that did NOT work well only had "Made in Germany" on the side and did NOT come in factory HK wrapper. There must be a very slight difference between the two because the problem magazine would not seat good enough to stay in place when firing with the P2000SK X-Grip adapter though the "Law Enforcement" one worked perfectly.

Here are a couple pictures of what I got from HKParts.net. This is the 9MM 13 round flat base plate magazine that works perfect in my P30SK with the unmodified P2000SK X-Grip adapter. They look to be Clinton AWB era magazine. I wonder what new 9MM P2000/USP-C ship with??

Would the P30 magazine fit better than the P2000 mag and give you 15 rounds?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've fired the P30SK and it doesn't leave anything to be desired. It is an awesome pistol. I'd get the P30SK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently have the M&P Shield 9 for EDC and carry IWB in a Stealth Gear Mini at the 4 o'clock position. I have thought about getting the P30SK for EDC. For those that carry it, does it tend to print a little more because of the extra ~0.3"?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts