HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm close to purchasing one of these for my carry 9mm and would like to get some input. For those who have both or shot both...what do you think? I typically prefer a full grip, but my understanding is that I could pick up an extension for the P30sk.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have not shot both, so I can't compare, but I'll say that most of the grip extensions are actually for the p2000sk, though will work on the p30sk. The HKparts +1 or +0 pinky extensions are the only ones I'm aware of purpose built for the P30sk other than maybe a couple dudes on ebay 3-d printing some.

On the other hand, I hated every sub-compact I ever shot until the P30sk. With the right backstrap and panel setup you might forget you're not shooting a full size.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I haven't messed with the P30sk. But I do favor my P2000sk.

Fits good, shoots good. Carries well. I really like it. No complaints.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
If you want a full grip.
Why are you considering a gun without one?
Get a P2000 or P30 and have a nice day.
Ergonomics wise I'd recommend a P30.
BTW I have all of them (P2000/P2000SK + P30/P30SK)

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you want a full grip.
Why are you considering a gun without one?
Get a P2000 or P30 and have a nice day.
Ergonomics wise I'd recommend a P30.
BTW I have all of them (P2000/P2000SK + P30/P30SK)
+1, if you can carry a full-size or compact pistol why look a subcompact? The P30SK is great for a subcompact, but once you start adding grip extensions to it, what's the point? Why not just carry a P30?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I went with the P30SK and really like it. I typically CCW with the 13 round magazine and X-Grip extension (for the P2000SK) but at times it is nice to be able to go deeper concealment with the 10 round magazine. Even with the 10 round magazine I find I can shoot well with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
The P2Ksk is a fine pistol, but the P30sk is superior.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I haven't shot a P30SK but I've handled one in my favorite LGS a few times. With the grip configuration it ships with, I thought it felt a little fat compared to my P2K. I know I could change the grip around though since I had a P30 for a while. I also felt the P30SK was a little bulkier than the P2K, but I didn't get into the actual measurements, so that may not actually be the case. That's just how it felt to me. Lastly, my P2K is in .40SW, and since that's not an option for the P30SK right now, I'm sticking to the P2K. I have other 9mm pistols that are smaller and lighter for carrying (IWB). I like the P2K for .40SW since it handles the recoil so well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I prefer the grip of the P2000sk against my skin compared to the P30sk. My P2000sk also shoot closer to point of aim than my P30sk, the factory night sights are more agreeable to my eyes (can't stand the blobs over the Mepro rears on the P30sk) and the flat sides of the P2000sk allow me to shoot it better at speed though the P30sk "feels better".

·
Registered
688 Posts
You won't get a consensus on this question. We're all different. I own both so I've shot both. Each has it's pros and cons. I like the P2000sk for the narrow grip profile. I like the P30sk for the more ergonomic and customizable grip. The grip on the P2000sk lacks pizzazz. Both shoot well. The downside to the P30sk platform is you're limited to 9mm. The P2000sk is available in all three calibers.

Make a choice of one or the other. Or get both. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
the only sub compact I like is the P2000SK, even though I have a Glock 27, and IF I carry the P-2000SK is with the flat magazine base plate mine is a .40 and it has a lot of less felt recoil than the Glock 27, don't want to get into the P-30SK or the excellent P-30 as I'm getting rid of guns because of my age, :biggrin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Both are top quality. No bad decision. All about personal preference. I was in same decision a few months ago, and chose P2000SK because it just felt better for me in hand (I like the smooth grip and the cleaner slide - no serrations) and my eye like it better. Hold them, shoot them, and buy both (or one). I would have bought both...but saving for a 45C. I just can't get enough compacts. (I should instead be spending more money on ammo/training with them all...but who doesn't like buying more hardware, right?)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I prefer the grip of the P2000sk against my skin compared to the P30sk. My P2000sk also shoot closer to point of aim than my P30sk, the factory night sights are more agreeable to my eyes (can't stand the blobs over the Mepro rears on the P30sk) and the flat sides of the P2000sk allow me to shoot it better at speed though the P30sk "feels better".
I agree with this. Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I can't stand rough texture riding my side all day long. The P30sk is significantly better than the P30 in this regard, but I've tried to CCW a VP40, which has a similar texture, and it's still annoying enough to be noticeable.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Like others have said-both are excellent choices. I prefer LEM for carry guns. I currently have both and its a tough choice picking one over the other. I'm probably in the minority here but I actually like the V2 LEM over the V1 ever so slightly. Not sure why. I have no need for multiple sub compacts and much prefer compacts like the P2000 and USPc so I'm going to get rid of the P30sk. I just like how the P2ksk feel less clunky to me. On paper their dimensions are identical I believe or close to it but for some reason the P2ksk is a little better. Personally, I feel the P2000 (non sk) is the best carry gun HK makes currently.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
P30sk V1 especially for larger hands as the grip is great and target acquisition instant. However, I will never give up my P2000sk V1. Bot are great. Sometimes one might not want the hacksaw blade rail and extra file groves up front for easier draw. I find that each serves its purposes the best over any other CCW for me. I also have a p2000sk in 40 and it trumps the 9, by far.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here but I actually like the V2 LEM over the V1 ever so slightly.
While I am not in love with the V2, I may change my V1 back to its TGS configuration which I think I prefer on the P2000sk. It just splits the difference and makes it great. While I get your chunky feeling, yes, specs are about the same and the P30sk does appear that way, though I have found for carry, it feels the same and neither ever print IWB for me. The lines are cleaner in the P2ksk which I like better, especially if wearing finer clothing. I will always be keeping both.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I haven't shot a P30SK but I've handled one in my favorite LGS a few times. With the grip configuration it ships with, I thought it felt a little fat compared to my P2K. I know I could change the grip around though since I had a P30 for a while. I also felt the P30SK was a little bulkier than the P2K, but I didn't get into the actual measurements, so that may not actually be the case. That's just how it felt to me. Lastly, my P2K is in .40SW, and since that's not an option for the P30SK right now, I'm sticking to the P2K. I have other 9mm pistols that are smaller and lighter for carrying (IWB). I like the P2K for .40SW since it handles the recoil so well.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

1 - 20 of 47 Posts