HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum.

Has anyone had success mounting a Crimson Trace CMR-201 Rail Master Universal Laser Sight to the P30SK?

When I picked mine up from the dealer, I asked if he could see about mounting one. The instructions said to use either the #1 or #3 mounting spacer. He attempted both sizes, the sight activation switch sat about 1/4" forward of the trigger guard, and we were concerned about the activation switch snagging and possibly breaking off, so I passed on the laser. If you have mounted this laser, and were able to get the activation switch closer to the trigger guard, can you please post a close up picture and which mounting spacer you used.

I am also curious if I could modify the activation switch after moving the laser closer to the guard with another mounting spacer.

I like the size of the CMR-201, so if it can't be moved closer to the trigger guard, I would be open to other laser options that are similar size or smaller if anyone has any suggestions. Pictures would be appreciated, so I can visualize the setup.

Thanks.

HKLBRY

·
Registered
688 Posts
I had similar issues with the mounting of a VIRIDIAN C5/C5L to my P30sk. What I ended up doing was filing on one of the rail protrusions ever so slightly, allowing the laser to sit closer to the trigger guard. That modification may work with a CTC as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have mounted a couple of different Surefires and a Viridian C5 on my P30, P30L and USP's (using a Surefire adapter) with no issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had one mounted on my p30sk for awhile, using the #1 adapter and a kydex holster from Multiholster. I could just reach the switch with my index finger, and there was no snagging with the holster. I didn't find it that helpful for accuracy except in dimmer light, when you can easily see the dot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts