HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a used p30L v1 (LEM
trigger) with the grayguns trigger upgrade. I’ve been having a lot of light primer strikes with every ammo type I put through it. From what the seller says and the looks of it, gun doesn’t have too many rounds through it.

I’ve inspected and cleaned the firing pin and housing

I’ve replaced the hammer spring (new stock one)

I’ve put a new stock firing pin block spring back in- replacing the light one that came with the trigger upgrade

Any recommendations on what it might be or has anyone had a similar problem with the p30 and/or GG trigger upgrade

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is there any difference between first and second strikes?

If that isnt clear I am referring to when the hammer is “cocked” like regular with the LEM and when you pull the trigger a second time without cycling the slide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If that isnt clear I am referring to when the hammer is “cocked” like regular with the LEM and when you pull the trigger a second time without cycling the slide.
I have only experienced it when I do a short reset. Never on the first round or when I let the trigger all the way forward and pull again.

A lot of times it’s the second round in a mag

I hope that answers what you were asking

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If that isnt clear I am referring to when the hammer is “cocked” like regular with the LEM and when you pull the trigger a second time without cycling the slide.[/QUOT

I caught the slide failing to enter all the way into battery once (maybe a cm or so) I don’t know if it was fully seated on the other light strikes

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed the Grey Guns SR in my P30SK LEM, same issue it would shoot 1 or 2 then light strike. Found the hammer rebound spring?(think it is only in the LEM) was not in place. Anyhow got it in place and couple 100 rds later no issues

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the Grey Guns SR in my P30SK LEM, same issue it would shoot 1 or 2 then light strike. Found the hammer rebound spring?(think it is only in the LEM) was not in place. Anyhow got it in place and couple 100 rds later no issues
Good to know, I’ll check that out tonight

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey sorry for the late reply, Gray Guns told me to send it in even though it wasn't their install. They sent it back with their full action package and 1000 rounds later ZERO malfunctions. Couldnt be happier!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But after you messaged me I ordered a new hammer spring and installed it, still getting light primer strikes, thats when I contacted Bruce Gray of GrayGuns.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hey sorry for the late reply, Gray Guns told me to send it in even though it wasn't their install. They sent it back with their full action package and 1000 rounds later ZERO malfunctions. Couldnt be happier!
Bruce has always been a class act and I'm glad that he got you squared away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts