HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously not a P7 guy (yet) came across one marked from 1983 (I believe) with an HKI Trussville, AL marking. Serial in the 6***** range. Does that make sense or didn't Trussville ones come later or am I confusing something here? Sorry for coming off so unknowledgeable but I am when it comes to these and I'm trying to make sense of some of the many posts on this. Thanks for any clarification.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It would help if you could post a picture of the P7 in question. The members here could explain what the various markings mean. I did a quick search and found this thread. It may help to answer your question.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/154548-help-identifying-new-me-p7-psp.html

This P7 was recently listed in the HKPro Marketplace. https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistols-sale/506156-wts-grade-hk-p7-psp-lower-saxony-police-trade.html. Do the markings on the P7 you're looking at look like the ones in this post?

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,213 Posts
So made in 83 but imported later?
HK Germany (HKO) received all the P7s back from German Police Agencies and then imported them in to the US through HK USA (HKI) for sale to the US market. This occurred primarily during a two-year period when HKI was initially set up in Trussville, AL and then when they moved to their current location in Columbus, GA. Import markings on the pistols will have one or the other location.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to get a photo of all of it but from what I could make out, yes, similar. a P7 B grade, matching number box. Haven't seen the complete right side yet but will. I don't think it had the NDS markings but letters BMI in that place.

·
Registered
34,565 Posts
Trying to get a photo of all of it but from what I could make out, yes, similar. a P7 B grade, matching number box. Haven't seen the complete right side yet but will. I don't think it had the NDS markings but letters BMI in that place.
Sounds more like a 12/83, PW ARMS, REDMOND, WA., import!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I could make out, yes it’s 12/83. Bad photo. Definitely Trussville. Any significance?

See some slight wear at front of slide but that’s it. All original materials, box...just found out it’s $1800. Private sale so I wouldn’t be able to try it before I buy it.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,213 Posts
From what I could make out, yes it’s 12/83. Bad photo. Definitely Trussville. Any significance?

See some slight wear at front of slide but that’s it. All original materials, box...just found out it’s $1800. Private sale so I wouldn’t be able to try it before I buy it.
You can find them for less than $1800. Do your research and be patient.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks from a P7 newbie. I'll do that. Like so many, I've always wanted one so I can't wait to join the club. Looking forward to finding the right deal. Thanks again for the advice.

I've got to say - I'm on quite a few forums, some where I'm very knowledgeable on the models and makes in question and some where I'm not, and this is one of the most polite and professional in my experiences. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts