HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Of those of you with P7s that are threaded what do you say about how effective they suppress with the proper ammo and suppressor combo? My search has revealed a mix bag of info. Some saying they are an awesome platform, while some pass around the info the P7 is a poor host to suppress. If a good host for you what ammo and make of can sounded pleasing to you? Thank you for any help :wink:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Just on theoretical grounds, cans overgas their hosts. P7 has a unique design that includes a gas port and a piston. Better can hosts that use gas ports (i.e. rifles) either use dedicated smaller ports that don't lend themselves well to unsuppressed use, or have adjustable gas blocks. Many run well with a general size ports but I just don't know if the same will happen in a pistol. I am sure G3Kurz will know few things about it.

Second question that I would pose is who makes a suppressor height sights for P7.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This has been discussed several places on HKPRO. In theory, the P7 is not a good host because of the gas piston. In reality, several of those who have P7s (or P7M8s or P7M13s) with threaded barrels seem to like them suppressed.

I have a P7 with a factory threaded barrel. I have ordered the original Vaime suppressor from Augustine Waffenteile (Augustine Gun Parts - a supporting vendor here on HKPRO). Once I actually receive it (got an e-mail from Ted yesterday saying that it should ship soon!), and if I can find ammunition, I'll get back to you on my impressions.

With the suppressor, you need to use subsonic 9mm rounds, but they also need to be in the 124 gr range and not in the 140 - 154 gr range. Both Federal and Lapua list appropriate ammo, but I have not yet been able to locate any in France where I live. Here is a link to a site in the U.S. that sells the Federal subsonic "suppressor" ammo: 50 Round Box - 9mm Luger 124 Grain FMJ Subsonic - Federal American Eagle Suppressor - AE9SUP1 | SGAmmo.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good, keep it subsonic with 124 or 135 grain ammo. Now the tough part is finding a factory threaded barrel. If no luck on that, does Tornado Tech do a good job with their extended adapter option on the regular length p7 barrel?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The Vaime suppressor for my P7 finally arrived yesterday. I still need to get the subsonic ammo. I've located a shop that can order the Lapua, but it is expensive, so I'm still trying to find a gun shop that can order the Federal American Eagle Suppressor ammo (which should be cheaper than the Lapua).

·
Registered
34,517 Posts
The Vaime suppressor for my P7 finally arrived yesterday. I still need to get the subsonic ammo. I've located a shop that can order the Lapua, but it is expensive, so I'm still trying to find a gun shop that can order the Federal American Eagle Suppressor ammo (which should be cheaper than the Lapua).
Excellent--- pics of the setup and range report!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hi All. Of those of you with P7s that are threaded what do you say about how effective they suppress with the proper ammo and suppressor combo? My search has revealed a mix bag of info. Some saying they are an awesome platform, while some pass around the info the P7 is a poor host to suppress. If a good host for you what ammo and make of can sounded pleasing to you? Thank you for any help :wink:
If you like a lot of gas and debris blow-back in your face, it is a great platform for suppression.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you like a lot of gas and debris blow-back in your face, it is a great platform for suppression.
G3Kurz
Right right right....a quick search of the forums establishes your very authoritative opinion that the P7 is a poor suppressor host. Got it. Thanks for dashing my dreams....do you kick puppies too?

Seriously tho....I'm still interested in Callahan's range report.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Right right right....a quick search of the forums establishes your very authoritative opinion that the P7 is a poor suppressor host. Got it. Thanks for dashing my dreams....do you kick puppies too?

No need for puppy comments. G3Kurz is a long term, well respected member and retired from H&K. Any opinions come from extensive experience.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts

If you saw my two "puppies" you likely would not ask that. ;)
Just trying to save you some money and disappointment.

Physically the P7 with its fixed barrel, good SA-style trigger and low CofG would make a good suppressed platform.
It is the gas-delayed blowback operating system that is the issue.

G3Kurz

·
Priest of the P7
4,790 Posts

There isn't a single forum member that has been here a while and been paying attention that would doubt the veracity of any information given by G3Kurtz. You can write down what he says as the Gospel of HK small arms.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would love to see some pics with a P7 suppressed from our members! Im sure Im not the only one who would agree.

·
Priest of the P7
4,790 Posts
I would love to see some pics with a P7 suppressed from our members! Im sure Im not the only one who would agree.
I would love to see pics, too -- would look sweet. I think maybe Marine0303 put up a pick of a suppressed M13 a while ago. I might be wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There isn't a single forum member that has been here a while and been paying attention that would doubt the veracity of any information given by G3Kurtz. You can write down what he says as the Gospel of HK small arms.
No need for puppy comments. G3Kurz is a long term, well respected member and retired from H&K. Any opinions come from extensive experience.
Gents, I recognize that I am new to the forum. So you don't know me either. But I have already read enough of the forum to recognize G3's experience and knowledge.
Hence the reason I say'd "AUTHORITATIVE opinion"

on the other hand - I am a Navy Chief - a no nonsense, salty, black coffee drinking, hard-assed noncom Somnonabeech. Hence the forum nick. G3 himself seems to be holding his own in the conversation. If y'all are gonna get panties bunched - I may be in the wrong forum.

·
Priest of the P7
4,790 Posts
Gents, I recognize that I am new to the forum. So you don't know me either. But I have already read enough of the forum to recognize G3's experience and knowledge.
Hence the reason I say'd "AUTHORITATIVE opinion"

on the other hand - I am a Navy Chief - a no nonsense, salty, black coffee drinking, hard-assed noncom Somnonabeech. Hence the forum nick. G3 himself seems to be holding his own in the conversation. If y'all are gonna get panties bunched - I may be in the wrong forum.
I don't wear undergarments of any kind, so no worries there, although I do appreciate your concern. Was actually just a friendly heads up that you weren't just receiving info from some internet commando, but a guy who had a hand in building the things and knows what he's talking about. As I'm sure you're aware, the errornet is probably 98% misinformation these days and it's nice to be able to know that what you're reading isn't some guy's opinion but actually the way it is.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
You are right I don't you you from Adam or Eve for that matter. But I do know G3 and he has earned the respect of many on here. Salty or not you have not earned my respect. Go ahead and insult if it makes you feel saltier...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts